Easy Italian beef casserole in a crescent roll crust.
The ingredient of Italian Crescent Casserole
- 1 pound dome beef
- 1 cup prepared pasta sauce
- 1 package refrigerated crescent roll dough 8 oz. per package
- 1 cup Italian cheese blend shredded, for casserole
- 1/2 cup Italian cheese fusion shredded, for topping
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
The instruction how to make Italian Crescent Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 375u00b0F.
- Place a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the beef to the pan and cook, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until it is no longer pink. Drain the excess fat with a metal strainer or slotted spoon, and return beef to skillet.
- Add the pasta sauce to the beef. Bring the mixture to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Separate the crescent roll dough triangles. Place the base end of each triangle in the bottom of a 9-inch pie pan with the triangle points extending 2 inches over the rim of the pan. Overlap the dough, pinching the pieces together, until the bottom of the pan is completely covered.
- Sprinkle the Italian cheese blend over the dough.
- Spoon the meat mixture evenly over the cheese.
- Fold the tips of the dough over the filling and pinch together to seal.
- Sprinkle the cheese and dried basil over the top of the casserole.
- Bake the casserole on middle rack of oven until dough is golden brown and cooked through, 20-25 minutes.
- Check to see that casserole is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Cool slightly before serving. Refrigerate leftovers for up to one week in an airtight container.