A union of black beans, vegetables, and spices make these enchiladas a hearty, delicious dinner. They have no meat or dairy, but theyre plenty flavorful and will be sure to fill you up!
The ingredient of Vegan Black Bean Enchiladas
- 2 cans red enchilada sauce 10 oz. per can, help more for serving (optional)
- 1/2 red onion medium
- 1 red alarm clock pepper medium
- 1 jalapeno pepper small, optional
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 can black beans 13.5 oz. per can, drained and rinsed
- 1 can Hatch mild diced green chiles 4 oz. per can
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon field cumin
- 1 teaspoon ring coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 12 soft corn tortillas 6-inch diameter
- spacious cilantro optional, for gild
- hot sauce optional, for serving
The instruction how to make Vegan Black Bean Enchiladas
- Preheat the oven to 350u00b0F.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce into a 9x13-inch baking dish and spread evenly across the bottom. Set aside.
- Finely chop the red onion and bell pepper. Remove the seeds from the jalapeno and finely dice. Mince the garlic.
- Set an extra-large skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Once oil is hot, add the onion and peppers. Saute until softened and beginning to brown, 6-7 minutes. Add the black beans, green chilies, garlic, salt, black pepper, cumin, coriander, and oregano. Cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes longer.
- Transfer the bean mixture to a large mixing bowl. Gently mash the beans with a large fork, leaving some whole.
- Place a few tortillas on a dinner plate and warm in the microwave until pliable, 20-30 seconds. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of the bean mixture into the center of a tortilla. Gently roll the tortilla and place it seam side down in the sauced baking dish. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling.
- Evenly pour remaining enchilada sauce from the 2 cans over the rolled tortillas, spreading it to make sure all tortillas are covered.
- Cover the dish with a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Bake the enchiladas on middle rack of oven for 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove the foil. Continue baking until edges are bubbling, 7-10 minutes.
- Check to see that enchiladas are done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow the enchiladas to cool for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro, if using, and serve with additional enchilada sauce and hot sauce if you like.
Nutritions of Vegan Black Bean Enchiladas@type: NutritionInformation
@type: 200 calories
@type: 37 grams
@type: 4 grams
@type: 9 grams
@type: 8 grams
@type: 540 milligrams
@type: 2 grams