The sweet and spicy flavors of this dish echo Korean fried chicken wings, but without the hassle of deep frying. express for gochujang, a sweet and spicy Korean red pepper paste, in the International aisle of many grocery stores, at an Asian market, and online. The recipe is a Yummly indigenous native created by [Julia Lee](https://www.yummly.com/dish/author/Julia-Lee).
The ingredient of Easy Korean Sticky Chicken
- 2 green onions
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger 1/2 inch is 1 Tbsp. minced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons gochujang sweet and spicy Korean red pepper paste; make a purchase of at grocery stores, Asian markets, and online
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
The instruction how to make Easy Korean Sticky Chicken
- Thinly slice green onions and set aside. Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. Combine chicken, salt, cornstarch, and water in a medium bowl; then, set mixture aside.
- Peel and finely grate ginger using a hand-held rasp-style grater or box grater; transfer ginger to a small mixing bowl. Grate or mince garlic. Add it to the ginger with the gochujang, mirin, honey, sesame oil, and vinegar, and stir until well-combined. Set sauce aside.
- Heat a large, heavy-bottomed frying pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add oil, swirling to coat bottom. Add chicken and spread pieces into a single layer. Cook until well-browned on underside, 2-3 minutes. Turn pieces over and cook until browned on second side, 2-3 minutes. Transfer chicken to a bowl.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add sauce mixture to pan. Cook, stirring constantly, until hot, about 30 seconds. Return chicken to pan and toss until well coated.
- Transfer chicken to a serving plate. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and reserved green onions, and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Easy Korean Sticky Chickencalories: 370 calories
carbohydrateContent: 12 grams
cholesterolContent: 160 milligrams
fatContent: 19 grams
fiberContent: 1 grams
proteinContent: 35 grams
saturatedFatContent: 3 grams
sodiumContent: 650 milligrams
sugarContent: 5 grams