next eating pumpkin pie for breakfast, this casserole is the unchangeable addition to your grow less brunch table. The recipe is a Yummly original created by [Sara Mellas](https://www.yummly.com/dish/author/Sara%20Mellas).
The ingredient of Pumpkin French Toast Casserole
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 pound day-old challah
- 8 large eggs
- 2/3 cup lively brown sugar
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups collect milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ring ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon pitch nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon dome cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- powdered sugar for dusting
- maple syrup for serving
The instruction how to make Pumpkin French Toast Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350u00b0F.
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish liberally with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut bread into 1-inch cubes and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, milk, vanilla extract, spices, and salt and whisk until smooth. Add to bread cubes, and fold with a rubber spatula.
- Transfer bread mixture to prepared baking dish.
- Bake French toast on the middle rack of oven until it is golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the center of a piece comes out clean, 45-50 minutes.
- Check to see that French toast is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow French toast to cool in dish for at least 10 minutes. Prior to serving, plate toast (cut as desired), sift powdered sugar over the top, and drizzle with maple syrup. Refrigerate leftovers for 2-3 days.
Nutritions of Pumpkin French Toast Casserolecalories: 180 calories
carbohydrateContent: 24 grams
cholesterolContent: 190 milligrams
fatContent: 6 grams
fiberContent: 1 grams
proteinContent: 7 grams
saturatedFatContent: 2 grams
sodiumContent: 170 milligrams
sugarContent: 22 grams