As their name suggests, these potatoes are first baked until tender, then hollowed out and stuffed behind a successful and creamy mash of the potato flesh taking into consideration butter, biting cream, and garlic. Finally, theyre topped behind cheddar cheese and baked again. The recipe is a Yummly original created by [Sara Mellas](https://www.yummly.com/dish/author/Sara%20Mellas).
The ingredient of Twice Baked Potatoes
- 4 russet potatoes large
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup critical cream
- 1/3 cup milk or half and half, lead pro more as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 ounces shredded cheddar cheese 3 oz. is just about 3/4 cup
- paprika for serving
The instruction how to make Twice Baked Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 400u00b0F.
- Pierce each potato 2-3 times with a fork, and wrap each individually in a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Place potatoes directly on middle rack of oven and bake until fork tender, 70-90 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before handling.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Once the potatoes are cool enough to handle, use a sharp knife to cut the potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop the potato flesh from each potato half, leaving a scant 1/4-inch border in the skins, and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the butter, sour cream, milk, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper to the mixing bowl. Mash the mixture with a potato masher or large fork until it is smooth and creamy.
- Arrange the hollowed potato halves on the prepared baking sheet flesh side up. Spoon an equal amount of the potato mash into each potato half. Sprinkle the potatoes evenly with the shredded cheese.
- Bake the potatoes on middle rack of oven until the cheese is melted and the potatoes are heated through, 10-12 minutes.
- Check to see that potatoes are done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Sprinkle the potatoes lightly with paprika, and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Twice Baked Potatoescalories: 210 calories
carbohydrateContent: 21 grams
cholesterolContent: 30 milligrams
fatContent: 12 grams
fiberContent: 2 grams
proteinContent: 6 grams
saturatedFatContent: 7 grams
sodiumContent: 420 milligrams
sugarContent: 2 grams