Cant declare in the midst of a cookie and a cinnamon roll? No need to choose in imitation of these Cinnamon Roll Cookies! Sweet cinnamon filling rolled into buttery sugar cookie dough is baked and topped with a drizzle of vanilla icing. The recipe is a Yummly indigenous native created by [Sara Mellas](https://www.yummly.com/dish/author/Sara%20Mellas).
The ingredient of Cinnamon Roll Cookies
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter softened, for dough
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract for dough
- 2 1/4 cups all aspiration flour plus more for dusting action surface
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt for dough
- 6 tablespoons light brown sugar packed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons arena cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt for filling
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted, for filling
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar sifted
- 1 pinch salt for glaze
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract for glaze
- 3 teaspoons milk
The instruction how to make Cinnamon Roll Cookies
- Place the butter and granulated sugar into a large bowl. Using a hand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar on medium speed for 1 minute, or until combined.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and continue to beat until light and fluffy, 30 seconds to one minute.
- Turn the mixer to low and add the flour, baking soda, and salt to the bowl. Beat the mixture until all ingredients are combined, about 1 minute.
- Lay a sheet of plastic wrap on the counter and turn the cookie dough onto it. Flatten into a round disc and cover completely with plastic wrap. Refrigerate the cookie dough for 30 minutes.
- While the cookie dough chills, prepare the cinnamon sugar filling. In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and melted butter until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Remove the chilled cookie dough from the refrigerator. Generously dust a clean work surface with flour.
- Unwrap the cookie dough and place on the work surface. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough into a rectangle approximately 14x9 inches, and 1/4-inch thickness.
- Spread an even layer of cinnamon sugar filling over the rectangle of cookie dough.
- Working gently, tightly roll the cookie dough lengthwise, into a 14 inch log. Cover the log with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350u00b0F.
- Remove the log of cookie dough from the refrigerator. Using a very sharp knife, slice the log into 1/2-inch thick cookies. Place the slices onto the baking sheets roughly 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies until the bottom edges are lightly browned, 11-12 minutes.
- Check to see that cookies are done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer them to cooling racks to cool completely before icing.
- To make the glaze, place the powdered sugar and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add the vanilla and milk. Whisk slowly to combine. If the icing is too thick, add another 1/2 to 1 tsp. of milk.
- Use a spoon to drizzle thin strands of icing across each cookie. Allow to set for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Nutritions of Cinnamon Roll Cookies@type: NutritionInformation
@type: 320 calories
@type: 45 grams
@type: 55 milligrams
@type: 14 grams
@type: 1 grams
@type: 3 grams
@type: 9 grams
@type: 210 milligrams
@type: 26 grams