Impress guests similar to this gorgeous, easy-to-make prime rib roast. The recipe is a Yummly original created by [Sara Mellas](https://www.yummly.com/dish/author/Sara%20Mellas).
The ingredient of Easy usual time-honored Prime Rib Roast
- 1 prime rib roast trimmed and tied, 5 1/2-6 1/2 lb.
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
The instruction how to make Easy usual time-honored Prime Rib Roast
- Season the prime rib liberally on all sides with salt and black pepper.
- Line a roasting pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil and position a roasting rack inside of it.
- Transfer the prime rib fat side up to the middle of the roasting rack. Tent the prime rib loosely with foil, and allow it to stand at room temperature for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 500u00b0F.
- Place the softened butter, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Stir with a fork to combine.
- Using a spoon and clean hands, spread the seasoned butter over the top surface of the meat.
- Roast the prime rib on the middle rack of oven for 20 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325u00b0F. Continue roasting the prime rib until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 120-145u00b0F, depending on desired doneness, 75-100 minutes.
- Check to see that prime rib is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow the prime rib to rest on the rack for 15-30 minutes, then transfer to a cutting board and untie. Carve and serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers up to 5 days or freeze up to 6 months.
Nutritions of Easy usual time-honored Prime Rib Roast@type: NutritionInformation
@type: 35 calories
@type: 1 grams
@type: 10 milligrams
@type: 3.5 grams
@type: 2 grams
@type: 135 milligrams