Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Beef Stew with Oyster Mushrooms and Green Lentils recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Beef Stew with Oyster Mushrooms and Green Lentils recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Cooking area Can save you Cash.
Remember when the only individuals who cared about the ecosystem were tree huggers along with hippies? That’s a thing of the past now, with everyone being aware of the problems besetting the planet and also the shared obligation we have for turning things around. According to the experts, to clean up the natural environment we are all going to have to make some changes. Each and every family must start generating changes that are environmentally friendly and they should do this soon. Continue reading for some ways to go green and save energy, largely in the kitchen.
Changing light bulbs is as good an area to begin with as any. This will probably go beyond the kitchen, nonetheless that is okay. Compact fluorescent lightbulbs are energy-savers, and you must use them instead of incandescent lights. They cost a small amount more at first, but they last ten times longer, and use much less electricity. One of the extras is that for every one of these lightbulbs used, it means that approximately ten normal lightbulbs less will end up at a landfill site. It goes further than just replacing the lights, though; turning off lights that aren’t needed is actually another good thing to do. The family spends considerable time in the cooking area, and how frequently does the kitchen light go on in the morning and is left on all day long. Certainly this also happens in some other rooms, not merely the kitchen. Try keeping the lights off unless you absolutely need them, and notice just how much electricity you can save.
As you can see, there are plenty of little items that you can do to save energy, and save money, in the kitchen alone. Green living is definitely something we can all perform, without difficulty. A lot of it truly is basically using common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to beef stew with oyster mushrooms and green lentils recipe. To cook beef stew with oyster mushrooms and green lentils you need 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Beef Stew with Oyster Mushrooms and Green Lentils:
- Get 8 oz of beef, cut into 1 inch long strips.
- Provide 2 tsp of French Picnic sea salt, divided.
- Use 1 of Cooking oil, as needed.
- Get 4 oz of oyster mushrooms, bite size pieces.
- Get 3/4 cup of onion, diced.
- Take 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Use 2 of carrots, sliced.
- You need 1 cup of tomato sauce.
- Provide 4 oz of reduced beef stock.
- Take 5 each of thyme sprigs.
- Use 1 each of bay leaf, fresh.
- Prepare 1 cup of green lentils.
- Provide 2 cup of water.
Steps to make Beef Stew with Oyster Mushrooms and Green Lentils:
- After cutting the beef into 1 inch long strips, season to taste with the French Picnic sea salt (about 1/2 teaspoon)..
- Heat a 2-quart, heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat. Add enough cooking oil to lightly coat the pan. Add beef, and brown without stirring for 2-3 minutes. Flip beef over, add mushrooms, and cook for 1-2 minutes more. Stir in onions and garlic, and cook for 1-2 minutes more. Add carrots and cook for 3-4 more minutes, while stirring..
- Add tomato sauce, beef stock, herbs, lentils and water. Stir to combine, and bring to a boil. Stir well, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. Uncover, stir well, and add 1 teaspoon of French Picnic sea salt. Cover again, and cook for 15-20 minutes more, or until lentils and beef are both tender..
- Remove herbs, and adjust seasoning to taste..
- Ladle into two bowls. Serve and enjoy!.
If you find this Beef Stew with Oyster Mushrooms and Green Lentils recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.