Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken & Dumplings recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken & Dumplings recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen Can save you Money.
Remember when the only individuals who cared about the environment were tree huggers along with hippies? That has fully changed now, since we all appear to have an awareness that the planet is having problems, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. The experts are agreed that we cannot change things for the better without everyone’s active participation. This must happen soon and living in methods more friendly to the environment should become a goal for every individual family. Here are a number of tips that can help you save energy, primarily by making your kitchen area more green.
Why don’t we begin with something really easy, changing the light bulbs. Naturally you shouldn’t confine this to only the kitchen area. You need to change your incandescent lights with energy-saver, compact fluorescent light bulbs. Although costing a little more in the beginning, these types of bulbs last as long as ten of the standard type as well as using a lot less energy. Changing the light bulbs would likely keep a great deal of bulbs out of the landfills, and that’s good. It goes further than simply swapping the lights, though; turning off lights that aren’t needed is another good thing to do. The kitchen lights specifically will often be left on the entire day, just because the family tends to spend a lot of time there. And it’s not confined to the kitchen, it goes on in other parts of the house at the same time. Try keeping the lights off until you absolutely need them, and see how much electricity you can save.
As you can see, there are many little things that you can do to save energy, and also save money, in the kitchen alone. Green living is actually something we can all perform, without difficulty. A lot of it really is merely using common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken & dumplings recipe. You can cook chicken & dumplings using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Chicken & Dumplings:
- Use 1 tablespoon of Oil *I used Canola Oil.
- You need 1 clove of Garlic *finely chopped.
- Prepare 400 g of Chicken Thigh Fillets *thinly sliced.
- Take 4 cups (1000 ml) of Chicken Stock.
- You need of Salt & Pepper.
- Take of Spring Onion OR Parsley *finely chopped.
- Prepare of Dumpling.
- Take 1 of & 1/3 cups Plain Flour.
- Get 1 cup of ‘Shiratamako’ OR Glutenous Rice Flour *OR Plain Flour.
- Use of *Note: Self-Raising Flour can be used.
- Get 1/4 teaspoon of Salt.
- Get 1 cup of Water.
Steps to make Chicken & Dumplings:
- Make Dumplings first. Mix Flours, Salt and Water, and knead, gradually adding extra Flour if required, until smooth..
- Divide the dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of the dough to 2-3mm thick and cut into about 3cm pieces. *Note: Alternatively you can roll the dough into small balls and flatten each ball with your hand..
- Heat Oil and Garlic in a pot over medium heat. When it is aromatic, add Chicken and stir. When Chicken is cooked, add Chicken Stock, and season with Salt & Pepper..
- To the simmering soup, gradually add the dumplings, and simmer, stirring frequently, for 15 minutes or until dumplings are soft..
- *Note: You might think that the amount of dumplings is too much. It is NOT too much. *Note: If you use Self-Raising Flour, the dumplings swell, but keep cooking, frequently stirring..
- Sprinkle with some chopped Spring Onion OR Parsley, and serve..
If you find this Chicken & Dumplings recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.