Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Chef Zee's pernil dominicano (pork shoulder) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chef Zee's pernil dominicano (pork shoulder) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Ways To Live Green Plus Save Money In The Kitchen.
Until fairly recently any individual who expressed concern about the wreckage of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That’s a thing of the past now, with everyone being aware of the problems besetting the planet and the shared responsibility we have for turning things around. Unless everyone begins to start living a lot more environmentally friendly we won’t be able to fix the problems of the environment. Each and every family must start generating changes that are environmentally friendly and they should do this soon. Keep reading for some approaches to go green and save energy, generally in the kitchen.
Start out with changing the light bulbs. Obviously you shouldn’t confine this to only the kitchen area. You should upgrade your incandescent lights with energy-saver, compact fluorescent light bulbs. They cost a small amount more in the beginning, but they last ten times longer, and use less electricity. Changing the light bulbs would keep a great deal of bulbs out of the landfills, and that is good. It goes further than just exchanging the lights, though; turning off lights that aren’t needed is actually another good thing to do. The family spends major time in the cooking area, and how often does the kitchen light go on in the morning and is left on all day long. Certainly this also happens in different rooms, not simply the kitchen. Make a practice of having the lights on only when they are required, and you’ll be amazed at the amount of electricity you save.
The kitchen alone offers you many small means by which energy and money can be saved. Green living is definitely something we can all perform, without difficulty. A lot of it is simply using common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chef zee's pernil dominicano (pork shoulder) recipe. To cook chef zee's pernil dominicano (pork shoulder) you only need 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chef Zee's pernil dominicano (pork shoulder):
- Provide 1 1/2-2 heads of garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbs of oregano.
- Provide 4-7 lb of pernil.
- You need 1/2 of salt..if you have a 7lb pork use 3.5 tbs salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of thyme.
- Take 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1 of red onion.
- Use 1 of chicken bouillon cube.
- You need 1 of orange.
- You need 1 1/2 of limes.
- Prepare 1/4 c of olive oil.
- Provide 3-4 c of water.
- Get 1/4 c of white vinegar.
Steps to make Chef Zee's pernil dominicano (pork shoulder):
- Poke holes all over pork using "X" motion. Place in large mixing bowl with 1 c water & vinegar. Massage vinegar and water into pork & let sit 5-10 min. Marinade: combine garlic, oregano, salt, bouillon cube, cumin, onion, black pepper, thyme in a blender or food processor & blend. Then add orange, lime & olive oil, blend again..
- Drain pernil. Season pork usung marinade. Massage marinade into pork. I would use gloves. Cover & let marinade over night..
- In a large pot, place pork skin side up. Add 1-2 cup of water & add marinade from bowl. Let boil 45-55 min. Switch pork to a baking pan. Let cook covered at 350 for 3hrs. Baste pork every hour. Take out 50% of juices (you can use for rice) and let roast uncovered for 1 hour. Broil for 5-7 minutes for crispy skin..
If you find this Chef Zee's pernil dominicano (pork shoulder) recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.