Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Buttermilk biscuits recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Buttermilk biscuits recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Buttermilk biscuits recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen area Will Save You Cash.
It was not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern regarding the well-being of the environment. Those days are over, and it seems we all recognize our role in stopping and perhaps reversing the damage being done to our planet. According to the industry experts, to clean up the surroundings we are all going to have to make some changes. Each and every family should start creating changes that are environmentally friendly and they should do this soon. The kitchen is a good place to start saving energy by going more green.
You may prefer preparing food with your oven, but using a microwave instead will cost you way less money. As soon as you find out it will require 75% more energy to cook in the oven, chances are you’ll look for more ways to use the microwave. Compared with your stove, you can make boiled water and also steamed vegetables faster, and use considerably less energy, by using countertop appliances. You might think that you save energy by washing your dishes by hand, nonetheless that is definitely not true. You get the highest energy savings by completely loading the dishwasher ahead of commencing a wash cycle. By cool drying or air drying the dishes as opposed to heat drying them, you can add to the amount of money you save.
The kitchen alone offers you many small ways by which energy and money can be saved. Eco-friendly living is not that difficult. It’s related to being practical, usually.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to buttermilk biscuits recipe. To cook buttermilk biscuits you need 6 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Buttermilk biscuits:
- Get 2 cup of of all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting the board..
- Take 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Take 1 tbsp of baking powder ( use one without aluminum it said but I did just regular).
- Provide 1 tsp of kosher salt OR 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of unsalted butter, very cold( I used salted and tasted great).
- You need 1 cup of Buttermilk (approx).
Instructions to make Buttermilk biscuits:
- Preheat your oven to 450.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl, or in a food processor if you have one. Works better and saves so much time..
- Cut the butter into chunks and cut into the flour until it resembles course meal..
- If your using a food processor, just pulse a few times until this consistency is achieved.
- Add the buttermilk and mix JUST until combined.
- If it appears on the dry side, add more buttermilk. It should be very wet. Turn the dough out onto a floured board..
- Gently, gently PAT (DO NOT ROLL WITH A ROLLING PIN) the dough out until it's about 1/2" thick. Fold the dough about 5 times, gently press the dough down to 1 inch thick.
- Use a round cutter to cut into rounds.
- You can gently knead the scraps together and make a few more. But they will not be anywhere near as good as the first ones..
- Place the biscuits on a cookie sheet. If you like soft sides put them touching each other. If you like "crusty" sides, put them about 1 inch apart. These will not rise as high as the ones put close together..
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes. The biscuits will be a beautiful light golden brown on both top and bottom. DO NOT OVER BAKE!!.
- The dough needs to be handled as little as possible or you will have tough biscuits..
- Notes: I have found a food processor produces superior biscuits. because the ingredients stay colder and there's less chance of over mixing..
- You must also pat the dough out with your hands, lightly. Rolling with a rolling pin is a guaranteed way to over stimulate the gluten resulting in a tougher biscuit.
- Found this on http://southern.food.com/recipe/southern-buttermilk-biscuits-26110..
If you find this Buttermilk biscuits recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.