Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Buttermilk Biscuits recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Buttermilk Biscuits recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Techniques To Live Green Plus Save Money In The Kitchen.
Until fairly recently any individual who portrayed concern about the destruction of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. Those days are over, and it looks like we all realize our role in stopping and perhaps reversing the damage being done to our planet. The experts are agreed that we cannot transform things for the better without everyone’s active involvement. Each and every family should start making changes that are environmentally friendly and they should do this soon. Continue reading for some approaches to go green and save energy, generally in the kitchen.
While it may not taste as good, preparing food in the microwave as an alternative to in the oven will save you a packet of money. Possibly the realization that an oven uses 75% more energy will stimulate you to use the microwave more. When it pertains to boiling water and steaming vegetables, you can save a lot of energy and do the job faster with countertop appliances rather than a stove. Many individuals incorrectly believe that doing the dishes by hand uses less energy than a dishwasher. Especially if you make sure the dishwasher is full prior to starting a cycle. By cool drying or even air drying the dishes instead of heat drying them, you can raise the amount of money you save.
As you can see, there are many little elements that you can do to save energy, as well as save money, in the kitchen alone. It is pretty easy to live green, all things considered. It’s concerning being sensible, most of the time.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to buttermilk biscuits recipe. To cook buttermilk biscuits you only need 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Buttermilk Biscuits:
- Get 3 cups of White Lily self-rising Flour.
- Get 1/2 cup of Crisco shortening.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- Provide 3/4 cup of buttermilk.
- Take 1/2 stick of butter (melted).
Steps to make Buttermilk Biscuits:
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl sift flour with baking powder. Cut in the shortening and work in with hands until you have beads of flour mixture..
- Add buttermilk into flour mixture. Stir with wooden spoon until all flour is wet. Again work with hands to until dough is ready to pour out and cut..
- Place dough on floured surface and either press out or roll with rolling pin to about 3/4 inch tall. Cut with biscuit cutter and place on greased cookie sheet. Place biscuits next to each other for maximum rise..
- I allow biscuits to rest for 5-10 minutes prior to popping in oven. Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown..
- When you first pull out of oven brush with melted butter. Enjoy..
- I know some will ask why use self-rising flour and then add baking powder. I have found through testing that this recipe gives maximum rise and tenderness to the biscuits. You may find through your own trial and error that you prefer less rise and/or a more firm biscuit..
If you find this Buttermilk Biscuits recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.