Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Buttermilk Biscuits (Southern) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Buttermilk Biscuits (Southern) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Methods To Live Green And also Save Money In The Kitchen.
Remember when the only individuals who cared about the environment were tree huggers as well as hippies? Those days are over, and it looks like we all realize our role in stopping and conceivably reversing the damage being done to our planet. Unless everyone begins to start living much more green we won’t be able to resolve the problems of the environment. This must happen soon and living in approaches more friendly to the environment should become an objective for every individual family. Read on for some approaches to go green and save energy, largely in the kitchen.
Probably the food just isn’t quite as good when cooked in the microwave, but it will save you money to use it over your oven. As soon as you find out it will require 75% more energy to cook in the oven, you may look for more ways to use the microwave. Countertop appliances will certainly boil water or steam vegetables faster than your stove, and use a lot less electricity. You might think that you save energy by washing your dishes by hand, but that is certainly not true. A dishwasher is particularly economical when it’s full before a cycle is started. Preserve even more money by air drying and also cool drying your dishes as an alternative to heat drying them.
From the above it should be obvious that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are numerous little opportunities for saving energy and money. Environmentally friendly living is not that difficult. Mostly, all it requires is a bit of common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to buttermilk biscuits (southern) recipe. To cook buttermilk biscuits (southern) you only need 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Buttermilk Biscuits (Southern):
- Take 3 1/2 cup of WHITELILY self rising flour.
- Use 1 tbsp of white sugar.
- Use 1/2 cup of butter flavor shortening.
- Use 1 1/2 cup of cold buttermilk.
- Use 1/2 cup of WHITELILY self rising flour for rolling and dusting.
- Get 1/2 stick of melted butter for brushing.
Instructions to make Buttermilk Biscuits (Southern):
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Using a bowl cut the shortening into the flour and sugar.
- Make a well in the center and add the buttermilk.
- Stir the flour and buttermilk together just until combined (use a spatula this mix is very sticky) scraping sides of bowl as you go.
- Turn dough onto floured surface, dusting more flour on top and begin to spread out dough. Fold four times.
- Roll out dough to one and a 1/4 inch thickness and use a three inch biscuit cutter.
- Use small amount of shortening to grease your pan.
- Arrange biscuits slightly apart from each other (I used the leftover dough to make a special biscuit).
- Bake 10 minutes and take out of oven to brush with melted butter then bake an additional 4 to 5 minutes till golden brown.
- Brush with additional butter right after they come out of the oven they are soooooooo good ENJOY 😍.
If you find this Buttermilk Biscuits (Southern) recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.