Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Popeye's Buttermilk Biscuits (copy cat recipe) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Popeye's Buttermilk Biscuits (copy cat recipe) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Popeye's Buttermilk Biscuits (copy cat recipe) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Cooking area Can save you Money.
It was not really that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern regarding the well-being of the environment. Those days are over, and it looks like we all realize our role in stopping and perhaps reversing the damage being done to our planet. Unless everyone begins to start living much more environmentally friendly we won’t be able to correct the problems of the environment. This needs to happen soon and living in approaches more friendly to the environment should become an objective for every individual family. Here are a number of tips that can help you save energy, for the most part by making your cooking area more green.
Changing light bulbs is as good a place to start as any. Accomplish this for your house, not only the kitchen. The usual light bulbs are the incandescent type, which must be replaced with compact fluorescent lightbulbs, which save energy. They cost a small amount more at first, but they last ten times longer, and use less electricity. Changing the light bulbs would likely keep a lot of bulbs out of the landfills, and that’s good. You also have to get the routine of turning off the lights when there is nobody in a place. In the kitchen is where you’ll frequently come across members of a family, and often the lights usually are not turned off until the last person goes to bed. Obviously this also happens in different rooms, not simply the kitchen. Do an exercise if you like; take a look at the amount of electricity you can save by turning the lights off as soon as you don’t need them.
As you can see, there are plenty of little things that you can do to save energy, as well as save money, in the kitchen alone. Green living is not really that difficult. Largely, all it takes is a little common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to popeye's buttermilk biscuits (copy cat recipe) recipe. To cook popeye's buttermilk biscuits (copy cat recipe) you need 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Popeye's Buttermilk Biscuits (copy cat recipe):
- Prepare 2 cup of All purpose flour (I used unbleached).
- Provide 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Use 1 1/2 tsp of Baking powder.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of Baking soda.
- Provide 1/2 cup of Unsalted butter, cold.
- Provide 1/2 cup of Buttermilk.
- You need 1/4 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 1 of Butter, to brush on top.
Steps to make Popeye's Buttermilk Biscuits (copy cat recipe):
- Preheat oven to 400°F..
- Mix together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium bowl..
- Slice cold butter into cubes and use a pastry knife or potato masher to cut butter into dry mixture until no large chunks of butter remain..
- Add buttermilk and milk and stir with a spoon until dough forms..
- Roll out to 1/2-inch thick on a floured surface..
- Cut biscuits with a 3-inch biscuit cutter and arrange on a lightly greased or parchment paper lined baking sheet..
- Bake for 22 to 24 minutes or until tops begin to turn light brown..
- Remove biscuits from the oven and cool for a couple of minutes, then brush each biscuit top with melted butter..
If you find this Popeye's Buttermilk Biscuits (copy cat recipe) recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.