Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect ravioli from scratch recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect ravioli from scratch recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to ravioli from scratch recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tips For Living Green And Saving Money Within the Kitchen.
It was not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern about the well-being of the surroundings. That has totally changed now, since we all appear to have an awareness that the planet is having problems, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. The experts are agreed that we are unable to transform things for the better without everyone’s active contribution. These kinds of changes need to start taking place, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Here are a few tips that can help you save energy, primarily by making your kitchen area more green.
Let’s begin with something really easy, changing the particular light bulbs. This will probably go beyond the kitchen, but that is okay. The typical light bulbs are the incandescent type, which really should be replaced with compact fluorescent lightbulbs, which save energy. These bulbs are generally energy-efficient which means electricity consumption is definitely lower, and, even though they cost a bit more to buy, will outlast an incandescent light ten times over. One of the advantages is that for every one of these lightbulbs used, it means that approximately ten normal lightbulbs less will certainly end up at a landfill site. You also have to acquire the routine of turning off the lights when there is nobody in a area. The kitchen lights specifically are often left on the entire day, just because the family tends to spend a lot of time there. This additionally takes place in the rest of the house, but we are trying to save money in the kitchen. Do an exercise if you like; take a look at how much electricity you can save by turning the lights off as soon as you don’t need them.
The kitchen alone provides you with many small ways by which energy and money can be saved. Natural living is actually something we can all do, without difficulty. It’s related to being practical, most of the time.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to ravioli from scratch recipe. You can cook ravioli from scratch using 17 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare ravioli from scratch:
- Use 1 of DOUGH.
- Take 2 of eggs.
- Use 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 1/4 cup of veggie oil.
- Get 1/4 tsp of sea salt.
- You need 4 of drops green food coloring.
- Provide 3 cup of flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of flour for dusting purposes.
- Provide 1 of FILLING.
- Get 4 cup of ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of grated mozzarella.
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- Get 1 tbsp of Italian seasoning (its a spice).
- Provide 4 of mushrooms finely diced.
- Get 1/8 cup of seasoning salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of red pepper.
- You need 1 large of jar spaghetti sauce (your choice of flavor).
Instructions to make ravioli from scratch:
- in a frying pan, cook the ground beef with the Italian seasoning, season salt, mushrooms and red pepper. drain fat and set aside to cool..
- in a large mixing bowl, beat the two eggs with a fork until well blended..
- mix in water, oil, salt and food coloring..
- add one cup of flour and beat with fork until lumps are gone..
- this is the hard part. add another cup of flour and beat with fork until mixture is too thick to use fork. then, start mixing with your hands..
- add the third cup of flour and mix together until flour and lumps are gone and the dough is "elastic like". should be the consistency of cheese on a pizza, stretchy but won't break. that's how I can best describe it..
- dust a wooden cutting board and a wooden rolling pin with flour and roll the dough until it is the thickness of two stacked nickels..
- using a glass or cookie cutter, cut rounds out of the dough. 3 inch diameter is perfect. set rounds aside. keep balling up the scraps and re rolling them until there is none left..
- in another large mixing bowl, mix together the ricotta, mozzarella and ground beef..
- re dust the cutting board and rolling pin..
- roll one of your dough rounds until it is as thin as one nickel by itself, but try to maintain the circle..
- using a teaspoon (the kind you eat with) put one teaspoon (or whatever will fit) of the cheese/meat mixture onto the center of the dough round..
- fold the round in half and use a fork to mash together the sides. (you'll want to keep dipping the fork tips in flour or the dough will stick)..
- repeat steps 11-13 until all of your rounds are filled, folded and sealed..
- bring a large pot of water to a boil..
- preheat oven to 350°F.
- boil all of the raviolis' until they float. add butter to the water to prevent them from sticking to each other and lightly stir them to keep them from sticking to the bottom..
- in a large casserole dish, add enough spaghetti sauce to cover the bottom..
- add a layer of ravioli and then another layer of sauce. continue this pattern until all the raviolis' are in the dish..
- cover the top of the ravioli with a thin layer of sauce and then cover it with the rest of your meat/cheese mixture..
- cover the dish with foil or a lid and bake for 50 minutes. ENJOY!!.
If you find this ravioli from scratch recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.