Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Couscous with Roasted Vegetables and Grilled Pork Belly recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Couscous with Roasted Vegetables and Grilled Pork Belly recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Couscous with Roasted Vegetables and Grilled Pork Belly recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Guidelines For Living Green And Spending less Inside the Kitchen.
It was not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern about the well-being of the surroundings. That’s a thing of the past now, with everybody being aware of the problems besetting the planet as well as the shared burden we have for turning things around. According to the industry experts, to clean up the surroundings we are all going to have to make some changes. Each and every family must start creating changes that are environmentally friendly and they have to do this soon. The kitchen is a good place to begin saving energy by going much more green.
Changing light bulbs is as good a place to begin with as any. Naturally you shouldn’t confine this to just the kitchen. Compact fluorescent lightbulbs are usually energy-savers, and you will need to use them rather than incandescent lights. They cost somewhat more in the beginning, but they last ten times longer, and use a lesser amount of electricity. Using these kinds of longer-lasting lightbulbs has the benefit that many fewer lightbulbs make it into landfills. It goes further than simply exchanging the lights, though; turning off lights that aren’t needed is definitely another good thing to do. The kitchen lights specifically tend to be left on the entire day, just because the family tends to spend a lot of time there. Obviously this also happens in some other rooms, not just the kitchen. Make a practice of having the lights on only when they are required, and you’ll be astonished at the amount of electricity you save.
From the above it ought to be apparent that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are many little opportunities for saving energy and money. Eco-friendly living is not really that tough. Mostly, all it requires is a little bit of common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to couscous with roasted vegetables and grilled pork belly recipe. You can have couscous with roasted vegetables and grilled pork belly using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Couscous with Roasted Vegetables and Grilled Pork Belly:
- You need 2 of Mediterranean style vegetable trays.
- Use of Drizzle of olive oil.
- Provide to taste of Salt.
- Use to taste of Ground black pepper.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves, whole, peeled.
- Provide 3 cups of vegetable stock.
- Provide 2 cups of couscous.
- Get Bunch of fresh parsley, chopped.
- Get 3-4 of pork belly slices.
- You need of Chilli flakes (optional).
- Get A few of sprigs of fresh thyme.
- Provide to taste of Paprika.
- Get Pinch of garlic granules/powder.
Instructions to make Couscous with Roasted Vegetables and Grilled Pork Belly:
- Firstly marinade the pork belly in salt, pepper, garlic granules and a pinch of chilli flakes. Cover and place in fridge for a minimum of 1 hour..
- Next preheat oven to 200c. Toss the vegetables in olive oil. Add the garlic cloves whole (2 in each tray) and a few sprigs of thyme. Season with salt and pepper..
- Note: You can make your own roasted vegetables by chopping red and yellow peppers, courgettes, red onions and by adding cherry tomatoes and following the same steps, just remember to add a baking sheet to the tray before spreading the vegetables to stop the vegetables sticking to the tray..
- Roast the vegetables for about 40-50 minutes (times vary) until they are soft and slightly browned. Stirr the vegetables a couple of times whilst baking..
- While the vegetables are cooking prepare the couscous..
- I used to 2 vegetable stock cubes to make the stock. Bring the stock cubes and water to boiling point, covering it with a lid..
- Once the water is boiling and stock cubes have dissolved add the couscous and cover with the lid once again and let the couscous sit undisturbed for at least 10 minutes. Then using a fork fluff the couscous..
- In the meantime, heat a grill pan over medium-high heat and grill the pork belly for about 3-4 minutes on each side. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes once cooked..
- Once vegetables are cooked remove the garlic and roughly chopped. Discard the thyme sprigs..
- Combine the vegetables, garlic, couscous and parsley. Toss together well to combine. Season with salt and pepper if needed..
- Plate the couscous and vegetables. Sprinkle with paprika..
- Slice the pork belly thinly and top the couscous. Serve immediately..
If you find this Couscous with Roasted Vegetables and Grilled Pork Belly recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.