Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Roasted Pork Belly with Carmelized Vegetables recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Roasted Pork Belly with Carmelized Vegetables recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Roasted Pork Belly with Carmelized Vegetables recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen area Will Save You Dollars.
It was certainly not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern regarding the well-being of the surroundings. That has totally changed now, since we all seem to have an awareness that the planet is having difficulties, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. The experts are agreed that we are not able to adjust things for the better without everyone’s active participation. These kinds of adjustments need to start taking place, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. The cooking area is a good starting point saving energy by going more green.
Let’s begin with something not that hard, changing the actual light bulbs. This will certainly go further than the kitchen, but that is okay. The usual light bulbs are the incandescent variety, which really should be replaced with compact fluorescent lightbulbs, which save energy. These bulbs are generally energy-efficient which means electricity consumption is lower, and, although they cost a bit more to buy, will outlast an incandescent light ten times over. Making use of these longer-lasting lightbulbs has the particular benefit that many fewer lightbulbs make it into landfills. Coupled with different light bulbs, you should learn to leave the lights off whenever they are not needed. The kitchen lights in particular will often be left on all day long, just because the family tends to spend a lot of time there. Certainly this also happens in different rooms, not simply the kitchen. Make a practice of having the lights on only when they are necessary, and you’ll be amazed at the amount of electricity you save.
From the above it should be clear that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are many little opportunities for saving energy and money. It is pretty uncomplicated to live green, of course. It’s about being practical, most of the time.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to roasted pork belly with carmelized vegetables recipe. You can have roasted pork belly with carmelized vegetables using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Roasted Pork Belly with Carmelized Vegetables:
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of Pork Belly (skin on).
- Get 1 tbsp of Salt.
- Get 1 tbsp of Brown sugar.
- Get 2 tsp of Whole Black peppercorns.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Ground cinnamon.
- Use 1/2 tsp of Ground coriander.
- Take 4 tsp of Whole cloves.
- You need 2 of Star anise.
- Get 1 medium of Onion (wedges).
- Get 2 of Sweet potatoes (chunks).
- Take 5 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 3 tsp of Honey.
Instructions to make Roasted Pork Belly with Carmelized Vegetables:
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Score the skin of the pork.
- Spice Rub: Combine salt, peppercorn, brown sugar, coriander, cinnamon, cloves, and star anise into a mortar and pound with the pestle into a nice powder..
- Save 1 teaspoon of the rub to mix with the vegetables. Use the rest of the spice rub to massage into the pork, especially the scored lines..
- Place pork in a roasting pan and scatter vegetables around the pork. Drizzle the vegetables with olive oil and honey, sprinkle the reserved spice rub on the veggies..
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until cooked. Check with a meat thermometer, the thickest part of the meat should reach 165°F. Remove from oven and rest for 15 minutes before slicing..
If you find this Roasted Pork Belly with Carmelized Vegetables recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.