Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sausage, Peppers, and Onions – Slow Cooker recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sausage, Peppers, and Onions – Slow Cooker recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Suggestions For Living Green And Spending less Inside the Kitchen.
Until fairly recently anyone who portrayed concern about the degradation of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That has totally changed now, since we all seem to have an awareness that the planet is having troubles, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. According to the specialists, to clean up the surroundings we are all going to have to make some improvements. This must happen soon and living in methods more friendly to the environment should become a mission for every individual family. Here are some tips that can help you save energy, mainly by making your cooking area more green.
Changing light bulbs is actually as good a place get started on as any. This will probably go beyond the kitchen, nonetheless that is okay. You need to replace your incandescent lights along with energy-saver, compact fluorescent light bulbs. These bulbs are energy-efficient which means electricity consumption is lower, and, while they cost a bit more to buy, will outlast an incandescent light ten times over. Changing the light bulbs would keep a great deal of bulbs out of the landfills, and that’s good. It goes further than simply replacing the lights, though; turning off lights that aren’t needed is actually another good thing to do. The kitchen lights especially will often be left on the whole day, just because the family tends to spend a lot of time there. Certainly this also happens in different rooms, not simply the kitchen. Do an exercise if you like; take a look at how much electricity you can save by turning the lights off whenever you don’t need them.
As you can see, there are plenty of little elements that you can do to save energy, and also save money, in the kitchen alone. It is quite easy to live green, all things considered. It’s concerning being functional, more often than not.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sausage, peppers, and onions – slow cooker recipe. You can cook sausage, peppers, and onions – slow cooker using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Sausage, Peppers, and Onions – Slow Cooker:
- Use 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Take 1 lb. of Italian sausage links (hot or sweet).
- Provide 1 of small yellow onion.
- Take 2 of bell peppers (any color).
- Take 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Take 1 can (28 oz.) of crushed tomatoes.
- Provide 1 tsp. of Worcestershire sauce.
- Use 1/2 tsp. of each granulated sugar, salt, dried basil.
- Use 1/4 tsp. of each pepper, oregano.
Steps to make Sausage, Peppers, and Onions – Slow Cooker:
- Grease the slow cooker well. Stir in the crushed tomatoes, garlic, worcestershire sauce, sugar and seasonings. Set this aside..
- In a large skillet, heat up the olive oil over medium-high heat. Slice the sausages into thirds, then place them into the pan and brown for just a couple of minutes on each side, until golden brown. You don't have to worry about them being fully cooked through at this point, as they'll finish cooking in the slow cooker..
- Once browned all over, transfer the sausages into the slow cooker. Slice the onion in half, then slice it so that you get thin, half moon shaped slices. Slice the bell peppers into strips. Add the onions and peppers to the slow cooker and stir everything together..
- Cook on low heat for 5-6 hours. The sausage, onions, and peppers should be very soft and tender. Serve immediately however you'd like..
If you find this Sausage, Peppers, and Onions – Slow Cooker recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.