Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Mike's Irish Skins Or Irish Nachos recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Mike's Irish Skins Or Irish Nachos recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's Irish Skins Or Irish Nachos recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Techniques To Live Green And Conserve Money In The Kitchen.
Remember when the only people who cared about the natural environment were tree huggers and hippies? That has totally changed now, since we all appear to have an awareness that the planet is having troubles, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. The experts are agreed that we are unable to transform things for the better without everyone’s active participation. This must happen soon and living in approaches more friendly to the environment should become a mission for every individual family. The cooking area is a good starting point saving energy by going a lot more green.
Start with changing the lights. Obviously you shouldn’t confine this to only the kitchen area. Compact fluorescent lightbulbs are generally energy-savers, and you should use them rather than incandescent lights. These bulbs are generally energy-efficient which means electricity consumption is actually lower, and, while they cost a bit more to buy, will outlast an incandescent light ten times over. One of the extras is that for every one of these lightbulbs used, it means that approximately ten normal lightbulbs less will probably end up at a landfill site. Along with different light bulbs, you have to learn to leave the lights off if they are not needed. The kitchen lights in particular tend to be left on the whole day, just because the family tends to spend a lot of time there. And it’s not restricted to the kitchen, it goes on in other parts of the house as well. Make a habit of having the lights on only when they are needed, and you’ll be amazed at the amount of electricity you save.
From the above it ought to be obvious that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are lots of little opportunities for saving energy and money. Eco-friendly living just isn’t that tough. It’s about being practical, more often than not.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's irish skins or irish nachos recipe. You can cook mike's irish skins or irish nachos using 27 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Irish Skins Or Irish Nachos:
- Take of Potatoes.
- Take 8 large of Idaho Potatoes [cleaned & fully dried].
- Get 1 of Bacon Grease [to coat potatoes].
- Use 1 dash of Sea Salt [on each].
- You need 1 of Tinfoil.
- Take of Shreaded Meat.
- Get 2 large of Boneless Chicken Breasts.
- Use 1 box of 32 oz Chicken Broth.
- Provide 1 cup of Guiness Stout Beer ® [you'll add 1/8 cup more after boil].
- Get 4 tbsp of Sriracha Hot Sauce ® [you'll add 4 tbs more after boil].
- You need 1 tbsp of Granulated Garlic & Onion Powder.
- You need of Toppers [To Taste-Thin Or Fine Chop].
- You need 1 of START WITH: Liberal Amounts Of Shreaded Sriracha Chicken With Cilantro.
- Provide 1 of Grated Irish Dubliner Cheese ® [has sharpness of mature cheddar-just like Tillamook but better].
- You need 1 of Grated Cheddar Cheese Or Mexican 3 Cheese.
- Prepare 1 of Bacon.
- Prepare 1 of Banana Peppers Rings.
- Use 1 of Jalapeño Rings.
- Provide 1 of Purple Onions.
- Use 1 of Green Onions.
- You need 1 of Fresh Cilantro.
- Provide 1 of Guacamole.
- Take 1 of Sour Cream.
- Take 1 of Black Olives.
- Get 1 of Tomatoes.
- You need 1 of Red Or Green Salsa.
- You need 1 of Sea Salt.
Steps to make Mike's Irish Skins Or Irish Nachos:
- All items you'll need are pictured here except for potatoes and bacon..
- Fry [don't burn] bacon until crispy and set grease and bacon to the side to cool separately from one another. You'll need this grease to liberally coat your potatoes later. Authors Note: It's always a good idea to save your un-burnt bacon grease in the fridge in a sealed jar. It lasts forever and can be used in just about any dish as a grease and a flavor enhancer..
- Boil chicken and everything else in the Shreadded Meat section on high for about 30 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked. Poke a hole in the center of your thickest breast. If the fluid runs clear, your chicken is cooked. If not, boil longer..
- IMPORTANT STEP: After chicken is slightly cooled, fine shread chicken with fingers and add 4 + additional tablespoons Sriracha, one healthy splash of Guiness beer [about 1/8 cup or 2 tablespoons or more. you'll want your chicken juicy! ] and 1/2 cup lightly packed, fresh chopped Cilantro leaves, no stems. Hand mix, cover tightly and sit to the side. Don't refrigerate..
- Poke a hole with a knife through the center of your raw potatoes. Coat each potato generously with bacon grease, sprinkle lightly with sea salt and wrap spuds tightly in tinfoil. Bake at °425 for 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are fully baked. Authors Note: Place a cookie sheet or a sheet of tinfoil underneath your potatoes while baking. These will leak some bacon grease through the tinfoil wrap and cause your oven to smoke a bit..
- Once cooled, cut potatoes in half and gently scoop out the centers leaving about 1/4" of the outer shells in tact. Spray the whites of your potatoes with butter flavored spray and sprinkle them lightly with black pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Save potato center remainders for a thickener in other dishes, hash browns or mashed potatoes. Or, you can discard them..
- Place empty potatoes skins back in the oven for 10+ minutes at °425 or, until they firm up, dry out slightly and lightly brown. Pull skins out and turn oven down to °350..
- Add some of your shreadded chicken to the base of your shells. Then add any of the items from the Toppers Section any way you'd like..
- Place stacked potato skins back in oven at °350 and bake until cheeses are fully melted. About 25 minutes. Don't worry about your veggies not fully cooking in the oven. You'll want them just slightly on the crispy side. Have your guests top their Irish Skins with additional fresh garnishments, salsas, sour cream, Sriracha and sea salt..
- Serve with ice cold Guiness Stout beers in chilled glasses. Pour 3/4 of the way up in your glasses and let beers settle for about 2 minutes before drinking. Enjoy!.
- TO MAKE IRISH NACHOS: Slice potatoes in 1/4" thick rounds, season as directed and deep fry in oil until they're soft in the middle and crispy on the outside. Grease a cast iron skillet and place a layer of fried potatoes on the bottom. Add shreadded Sriracha Chicken with a few cheese and onion toppers and add one more layer of fried potatoes. Then, pile on all of your toppers and place in a °350
oven for 25+ minutes. Bake until cheeses are fully melted and visable spuds are browned..
If you find this Mike's Irish Skins Or Irish Nachos recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.