Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Vickys Baked Spare Ribs – Dry Rub Style, GF DF EF SF NF recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vickys Baked Spare Ribs – Dry Rub Style, GF DF EF SF NF recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Techniques To Live Green And also Conserve Money In The Kitchen.
It was not really that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern about the well-being of the surroundings. Those days are over, and it looks like we all recognize our role in stopping and possibly reversing the damage being done to our planet. Unless everyone begins to start living more environmentally friendly we won’t be able to resolve the problems of the environment. This must happen soon and living in ways more friendly to the environment should become an objective for every individual family. Read on for some methods to go green and save energy, mainly in the kitchen.
Perhaps the food isn’t quite as good when cooked in the microwave, but it will save you money to use it over your oven. The energy used by cooking in an oven is greater by 75%, and perhaps this small bit of knowledge will spur you on to use the microwave more frequently. When it pertains to boiling water and steaming vegetables, you can save plenty of energy and do the job faster with countertop appliances rather than a stove. You would be forgiven for thinking that an automatic dishwasher uses more energy than washing dishes the old-fashioned manner, but you would be wrong. A dishwasher is specifically effective when it’s full before a cycle is going. Don’t dry the dishes by using heat, use the cool dry or air dry functions to increase the money you save.
From the above it ought to be apparent that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are many little opportunities for saving energy and money. Eco-friendly living is not that tough. Typically, all it requires is a little bit of common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to vickys baked spare ribs – dry rub style, gf df ef sf nf recipe. To cook vickys baked spare ribs – dry rub style, gf df ef sf nf you only need 23 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Vickys Baked Spare Ribs – Dry Rub Style, GF DF EF SF NF:
- Take of For the dry rub.
- Provide 200 g of soft brown sugar.
- Get 25 g of smoked paprika.
- Get 20 g of granulated garlic.
- Use 15 g of low-sodium salt.
- Get 10 g of onion powder.
- Get 10 g of cumin.
- Take 10 g of mustard powder.
- You need 5 g of black pepper.
- Take of optional extras to taste, cayenne or chipotle pepper.
- Use of wet marinade.
- You need 5 tbsp of Dijon or other mild mustard – not hot mustard such as yellow.
- Get 1 tbsp of liquid smoke (optional but great).
- Get 12 of pork spare ribs (5 lbs worth).
- Get of my favourite BBQ sauce.
- Use 160 ml of tomato ketchup.
- Use 80 ml of apple cider vinegar.
- Use 120 g of soft brown sugar.
- Provide 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce – see my gluten-free recipe.
- Use 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Take 2 tsp of mustard powder.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of granulated garlic.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
Steps to make Vickys Baked Spare Ribs – Dry Rub Style, GF DF EF SF NF:
- Mix the mustard and the liquid smoke together and rub all over each side of your ribs. This will help keep your dry rub on.
- Sprinkle the dry rub over the ribs and pat down to make sure it sticks well to the ribs. Turn and coat every side using all of the dry rub.
- Unroll some cling film and lay on your work surface keeping it on the roll. Put a wire rack on top that fits over a roasting tin and put the ribs on top, meatiest side up. I needed 2 racks as I had 12 spare ribs.
- Roll the rest of the cling film over the top and seal the ribs in. Put in the fridge to absorb the flavours for 1 – 2 hours. Any longer and the salt will start to draw too much moisture out of the meat.
- Line a roasting / baking tray with foil and put the wire rack of unwrapped ribs on top.
- Preheat the grill / broiler to medium heat and the oven itself to gas 3 / 150C / 300F.
- Grill / broil the ribs for about 5 minutes, until the sugar in the dry rub is bubbling and the ribs are browning on top.
- Move the ribs to the middle of the oven. Roast for 2 – 2.5 hours for spare ribs (1.5 – 2 hours for baby back ribs). Halfway through cooking, cover the ribs with foil.
- About 30 minutes before the end of cooking, mix the BBQ sauce ingredients together well and brush the ribs with the sauce, re-cover with foil, and finish cooking.
- The ribs are done when a knife slides easily into the thickest part of the rib meat. Let them rest, covered, for about 10 minutes then serve with more sauce if desired to ensure the kids make as big a mess of themselves as they can lol!.
If you find this Vickys Baked Spare Ribs – Dry Rub Style, GF DF EF SF NF recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.