Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Salt Beef and Potato Latkes recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Salt Beef and Potato Latkes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Salt Beef and Potato Latkes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Guidelines For Living Green And Spending less Within the Kitchen.
Remember when the only people who cared about the ecosystem were tree huggers along with hippies? That’s a thing of the past now, with everybody being aware of the problems besetting the planet and also the shared responsibility we have for turning things around. According to the experts, to clean up the environment we are all going to have to make some changes. This must happen soon and living in approaches more friendly to the environment should become a mission for every individual family. Read on for some approaches to go green and save energy, largely in the kitchen.
Perhaps the food is not quite as good when cooked in the microwave, however it will save you money to use it over your oven. The energy used by cooking in an oven is actually greater by 75%, and maybe this little bit of knowledge will spur you on to use the microwave more frequently. When it comes to boiling water and steaming vegetables, you can save plenty of electricity and do the job faster with countertop appliances rather than a stove. You might think that you save energy by washing your dishes by hand, however that is not true. You get the maximum energy savings by fully loading the dishwasher just before commencing a wash cycle. Save even more money by air drying or cool drying your dishes rather than heat drying them.
From the above it really should be clear that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are many little opportunities for saving energy and money. Eco-friendly living is not really that hard. Mostly, all it will take is a little bit of common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to salt beef and potato latkes recipe. You can cook salt beef and potato latkes using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Salt Beef and Potato Latkes:
- Prepare of For the salt beef:.
- Get 1.5 of – 2 kg piece of salt beef brisket, not too lean.
- Use 6 cloves of garlic, unpeeled but cut in half.
- You need 2 of onions, peeled and halved.
- Get 2 of large carrots, peeled and halved.
- Take 1 teaspoon of pickling spice (remove all but one clove).
- Provide of Enough cold water to cover.
- Use of For the potato latkes (makes about 20):.
- Use 1.5 kg of potatoes, peeled.
- You need 1 of large onion, peeled.
- You need 3 of eggs, beaten.
- Prepare 150 g of self-raising flour.
- Provide 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground white pepper.
- Get of Vegetable oil for frying.
Instructions to make Salt Beef and Potato Latkes:
- To make the salt beef: Place the brisket, onions, carrots, garlic and pickling spice in a large pan. Cover with water to a depth of 5cm..
- Bring to the boil, skim off any scum, then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer..
- Cover the pan and cook for 3 – 4 hours, until the meat is soft and tender..
- To make the latkes: Grate the potatoes and onions using a medium grater. Squeeze out any excess water and put into a mixing bowl with the beaten eggs and flour, and stir well to make a sloppy batter..
- Add the salt and white pepper. Don’t let the batter stand for too long or the potato will blacken..
- Heat 1cm of vegetable oil in a frying pan. When hot (but not smoking), fry a spoonful of batter until golden on each side. Taste to check the seasoning..
- Use two dessert spoons of the mix per latke, flattened to form 10cm discs in the pan. Fry 4 – 6 at a time. When the undersides are golden, turn them over..
- Continue to fry until they are brown and crispy..
- When the brisket is cooked, lift from the pan, slice and serve with the latkes, boiled cabbage, English mustard (made from the powder) and new green pickled cucumbers. Find a recipe for these at www.justnotkosher.com.
If you find this Salt Beef and Potato Latkes recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.