Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Potato Latkes recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Potato Latkes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potato Latkes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Ways To Live Green And Conserve Money In The Kitchen.
Remember when the only men and women who cared about the ecosystem were tree huggers and hippies? That’s a thing of the past now, with everyone being aware of the problems besetting the planet and the shared obligation we have for turning things around. Unless everyone begins to start living much more environmentally friendly we won’t be able to fix the problems of the environment. These kinds of modifications need to start taking place, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Here are some tips that can help you save energy, mainly by making your cooking area more green.
A large amount of electricity is actually consumed by freezers and refrigerators, and it’s even worse if they are working inefficiently. If you happen to be in the market for a new one, the good news is that compared with models from 10 or more years ago, they use about 60% less energy. Maintaining the temperature of the fridge at 37F, coupled with 0F for the freezer, will probably save on electricity, while keeping food at the correct temperature. You can certainly reduce how often the motor has to run by routinely cleaning the condenser, which will save on electricity.
The kitchen alone gives you many small ways by which energy and money can be saved. Efficient living is definitely something we can all accomplish, without difficulty. It’s about being functional, most of the time.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to potato latkes recipe. You can have potato latkes using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Potato Latkes:
- Use 5 of Eggs.
- Take 5 of Potatoes.
- You need 1 of yellow onion.
- Provide of Pepper.
- Get of Salt.
- Take of Peeler.
- You need of Grater.
Instructions to make Potato Latkes:
- (One egg per potato) Crack the eggs into a medium-sized bowl. Add in pepper and salt and whip with fork. Have it be saltier than desired as the potatoes will absorb some salt..
- Grate or pulverize the onion into the egg mixture. (Pictured is the grater I use.).
- Peel and grate the potatoes into the eggs – this helps prevent the potatoes from browning..
- Heat up a skillet or frying pan with olive oil or an oil of your choice. Scoop out some latkeh mixture and shape it more on the thin side for a crunchiness. Be careful with making it too thick\heavy. It will be harder to flip over and is more likely to crumble..
- Keep experimenting to get your desired texture 🙂 We made it a bit too thick this time around- so it tasted like delicious potato kugel!.
If you find this Potato Latkes recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.