Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Spaghetti Squash Latkes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spaghetti Squash Latkes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Methods To Live Green And Conserve Money In The Kitchen.
Until fairly recently anyone who expressed concern about the destruction of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. Those days are over, and it looks like we all recognize our role in stopping and perhaps reversing the damage being done to our planet. Unless everyone begins to start living a lot more eco-friendly we won’t be able to resolve the problems of the environment. Each and every family should start creating changes that are environmentally friendly and they have to do this soon. Here are a few tips that can help you save energy, mainly by making your cooking area more green.
A lot of electricity is actually consumed by freezers and also refrigerators, and it’s even worse if they are working inefficiently. You can easily save up to 60% on energy when you get a new one, in comparison to those from longer than ten years ago. The correct temperature settings for your fridge and freezer, whereby you’ll be saving electrical power and optimising the preservation of food, is 37F as well as 0F. You can cut down how often the motor has to run by routinely cleaning the condenser, which will save on electricity.
As you can see, there are plenty of little items that you can do to save energy, and save money, in the kitchen alone. Eco-friendly living is not really that tough. A lot of it really is basically using common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to spaghetti squash latkes recipe. You can have spaghetti squash latkes using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Spaghetti Squash Latkes:
- Provide 1 of small spaghetti squash (mine was about 2 lbs).
- You need 1 tbs of olive oil – for rubbing.
- You need 2 tbs of minced onion (or 1 tsp onion powder).
- Take 2 of eggs – beaten.
- You need 4-6 tbs of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sea salt (or to taste).
- Get 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Get of For Frying.
- You need 2 tbs of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 tbs of butter (optional, helps with better crisping and color).
- Prepare of For Serving.
- You need of sour cream or Greek yogurt.
- You need of minced chives or dill.
Instructions to make Spaghetti Squash Latkes:
- While squash is raw cut off stem and cut a small sliver off of one side to create a flat spot for stability. Carefully cut in half lengthwise (seriously, be careful it will be hard to cut while raw)..
- Scoop out seeds. Rub 1 tbs olive oil all over inside and out of both halves (yes, skin too even though you won't use it). Place cut side down on a foil lined baking sheet..
- Bake in a preheated 400°F oven for 45 minutes, or until outside gives when poked (don't poke with your finger, though, to avoid burns lol). When done, remove squash. Flip cut side up and let cool completely..
- Scoop out and shred squash into a large bowl. Add all other ingredients, stir to combine. Start with 4 tbs flour and add more as needed. You're looking for a typical latke batter consistency. Also, if you like less salt start with 1/2 tsp. We thought they were perfectly seasoned, but tastes differ..
- Heat 3 tbs oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Carefully spoon about 1/3 cup worth of batter into the skillet for each latke (I could fit about 3 at a time in my skillet without over crowding)..
- Turn heat down to medium and cook till browned on first side, about 3-5 minutes. Flip and cook until browned on second side..
- Transfer to paper towel lined plate and sprinkle with additional salt if desired..
- Serve warm garnished with sour cream or Greek yogurt and chives or dill. Enjoy!.
If you find this Spaghetti Squash Latkes recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.