Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Latke recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Latke recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Latke recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Guidelines For Living Green And Spending less Inside the Kitchen.
It was not really that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern about the well-being of the environment. Those days are over, and it looks like we all recognize our role in stopping and conceivably reversing the damage being done to our planet. Unless everyone begins to start living more green we won’t be able to fix the problems of the environment. These adjustments need to start happening, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Read on for some approaches to go green and save energy, generally in the kitchen.
Start out with exchanging the light bulbs. This will certainly go outside of the kitchen, but that is okay. The normal light bulbs are the incandescent variety, which really should be replaced with compact fluorescent lightbulbs, which save energy. These bulbs are energy-efficient which means electricity consumption is actually lower, and, even though they cost a bit more to buy, will outlast an incandescent light ten times over. Changing the light bulbs would likely keep a lot of bulbs out of the landfills, and that’s good. You also have to obtain the practice of turning off the lights when there is nobody in a area. In the kitchen is where you’ll regularly discover members of a family, and often the lights are not turned off until the last person goes to bed. This additionally occurs in the rest of the house, but we have been trying to save money in the kitchen. Try keeping the lights off until you absolutely need them, and notice just how much electricity you can save.
From the above it really should be apparent that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are numerous little opportunities for saving energy and money. It is reasonably straightforward to live green, after all. Typically, all it will take is a little common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to latke recipe. You can have latke using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Latke:
- Provide 2 medium of Potatoes (peeled).
- Take 1 small of Onion (minced).
- Use 3 tbsp of Plain flour.
- You need 1 large of Egg.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- Use 1 dash of Pepper.
- Get 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
Steps to make Latke:
- Prepare the potatoes by peeling them (or leave the skin on depending on what type you are using). Use a julienne peeler to cut up 70% of the potato and use a regular grater on the rest..
- Heat a frying pan up over medium heat and grease it with 2 tablespoons of oil. Add 3 tablespoons of the mixture to the pan and flatten them out until 1 cm thick..
- Finely chop the onion, or cut it up with a julienne peeler, and mix it with the potato, flour, salt, pepper, and egg..
- Cook the latke for 2-3 minutes on one side, then flip them over and cook them for 1.5 minutes on the other, just how you would cook pancakes..
- When the latke are golden brown they're ready. Many Jewish families enjoy these with sour cream or apple sauce. My favourite 3 "alternative" toppings are Sriracha Hot Sauce, okonomiyaki sauce, and garlic butter..
- I often make this variation of latke too with zucchini. I was trying to re-create the same style of latke that I saw for sale in the side-dish section of a supermarket..
If you find this Latke recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.