Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Dilly-Dilly Dill Pickles recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Dilly-Dilly Dill Pickles recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Guidelines For Living Green And Lowering costs Within the Kitchen.
It was not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern regarding the well-being of the ecosystem. That has completely changed now, since we all seem to have an awareness that the planet is having problems, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. The experts are agreed that we cannot transform things for the better without everyone’s active contribution. This should happen soon and living in approaches more friendly to the environment should become a mission for every individual family. The kitchen is a good place to start saving energy by going more green.
Start out with changing the bulbs. Of course you shouldn’t confine this to merely the kitchen area. Compact fluorescent lightbulbs are energy-savers, and you should use them rather than incandescent lights. These bulbs are energy-efficient which means electricity consumption is lower, and, while they cost a bit more to buy, will outlast an incandescent light ten times over. Changing the light bulbs would certainly keep a lot of bulbs out of the landfills, and that is good. Coupled with different light bulbs, you should learn to leave the lights off whenever they are not needed. The kitchen lights specifically tend to be left on the whole day, just because the family tends to spend a lot of time there. Certainly this also happens in some other rooms, not simply the kitchen. Make a routine of having the lights on only when they are required, and you’ll be astonished at the amount of electricity you save.
From the above it really should be clear that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are many little opportunities for saving energy and money. It is reasonably easy to live green, after all. It’s concerning being sensible, most of the time.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to dilly-dilly dill pickles recipe. You can have dilly-dilly dill pickles using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Dilly-Dilly Dill Pickles:
- Get 2 lbs of (6-8 lg) pickling cucumbers.
- Provide 2 cups of Apple cider vinegar.
- Provide 2 cups of water.
- Provide 3 tbs of sugar.
- Use 2 tbs of sea salt.
- Get 1 tbs of whole brown mustard seed.
- Provide 1 tbs of whole peppercorns.
- You need of Fresh Dill.
- Take of Dill weed.
- Take 4 tbs of minced garlic.
- Use 2 tbs of crushed red pepper (or other pepper if you like it hotter! I used all kinds!).
Instructions to make Dilly-Dilly Dill Pickles:
- In a medium sauce pan, stir in vinegar, water, sugar, salt, mustard seed and peppercorns. Bring to a slight boil and reduce heat to simmer for about 10 minutes. Remove and let cool for about 20 minutes..
- Using maybe 3 large jars, slice or coin your cucumbers however you like. Fill each jar to 1/2. Then add some garlic, dill weed, a couple sprigs of fresh dill, and any pepper spices you are using. Repeat to fill the jars..
- Using a funnel, pour the brine into each jar adding an equal amount of the peppercorns and mustard seed to each. Make sure you fill to the very top..
- Tighten cap on top of each jar tightly and place into refrigerator. For best results, let them sit for a couple days before eating..
If you find this Dilly-Dilly Dill Pickles recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.