Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Arachivittu Murungakai Sambar / Drum stick Sambar recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Arachivittu Murungakai Sambar / Drum stick Sambar recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Arachivittu Murungakai Sambar / Drum stick Sambar recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Guidelines For Living Green And Spending less In The Kitchen.
Until fairly recently any individual who portrayed concern about the wreckage of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That’s a thing of the past now, with everybody being aware of the problems besetting the planet and the shared obligation we have for turning things around. According to the industry experts, to clean up the environment we are all going to have to make some adjustments. Each and every family ought to start making changes that are environmentally friendly and they should do this soon. Here are a few tips that can help you save energy, primarily by making your kitchen more green.
Start out with changing the bulbs. This will probably go beyond the kitchen, but that is okay. You should upgrade your incandescent lights with energy-saver, compact fluorescent light bulbs. These bulbs are energy-efficient which means electricity consumption is definitely lower, and, while they cost a bit more to buy, will outlast an incandescent light ten times over. One of the advantages is that for every one of these lightbulbs used, it ensures that approximately ten normal lightbulbs less will probably end up at a landfill site. It goes further than just swapping the lights, though; turning off lights that aren’t needed is another good thing to do. In the kitchen is where you’ll regularly come across members of a family, and often the lights may not be turned off until the last person goes to bed. And it’s not confined to the kitchen, it happens in other parts of the house as well. Try keeping the lights off unless you absolutely need them, and discover how much electricity you can save.
As you can see, there are plenty of little items that you can do to save energy, and also save money, in the kitchen alone. Green living is definitely something we can all perform, without difficulty. A lot of it is basically using common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to arachivittu murungakai sambar / drum stick sambar recipe. To cook arachivittu murungakai sambar / drum stick sambar you need 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Arachivittu Murungakai Sambar / Drum stick Sambar:
- Take 200 grams of Drum stick.
- Provide 2 cups of toor dal Cooked.
- Get of Tamarind extract.
- Use of Salt.
- Use 2 tbsps of Sesame oil.
- Take 1 of asafoetida Compounded pellet.
- You need 3 tbsps of Coriander seeds.
- You need 5 of chillies dry red.
- Prepare 2 tbsps of chana dal.
- You need 2 tsps of fenugreek seeds.
- Get of Coconut grated.
- Provide 1 tbsp of Sesame oil.
- Provide 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Get of curry leaves.
- Provide 1 of chilly chopped green.
Steps to make Arachivittu Murungakai Sambar / Drum stick Sambar:
- Make all the above mentioned pre requisites ready, i.e, Tamarind extract – it should come for about 200 ml, Cooking the drum sticks until tender and cooking the dal in pressure cooker. All of this will take about 15-20 minutes..
- Meanwhile when you get these ready, take a kadaai, keep it on medium heat. Once the kadaai gets heated add 2 tbsps of sesame oil and fry the compounded asafoetida..
- Once this is fried add all the other ingredients given under "For roasting and grinding", except coconut. Saute them until aromatic..
- Transfer this to a blender jar and add the grated coconut. I do not fry the coconut because it sometimes gives the smell of its oil and gives a different flavor. I do not like that hence I add the coconut directly. Grind this to coarse powder..
- Take the vessel that has the cooked drumsticks, keep it on low heat and add the tamarind extract. Increase the heat and allow this to boil until the raw smell of the tamarind goes..
- Once this starts boiling, add the freshly prepared powder and required amount of salt, stir this. Allow this to steep for about 2-3 minutes in medium heat..
- Now add the Cooked dal to this and stir it in..
- Check the consistency, if it is too runny add a mixture of water and rice flour to this and mix. If not leave it as it is..
- Get the tempering ready and add it to the sambhar..
- Take it off heat and serve it hot as a main dish with plain rice..
If you find this Arachivittu Murungakai Sambar / Drum stick Sambar recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.