Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Handmade Udon Noodles recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Handmade Udon Noodles recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Handmade Udon Noodles recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Suggestions For Living Green And Spending less Inside the Kitchen.
It was certainly not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern about the well-being of the environment. That’s a thing of the past now, with everybody being aware of the problems besetting the planet and the shared responsibility we have for turning things around. Unless everyone begins to start living more eco-friendly we won’t be able to resolve the problems of the environment. Each and every family should start making changes that are environmentally friendly and they have to do this soon. Read on for some ways to go green and save energy, largely in the kitchen.
Why don’t we begin with something really easy, changing the particular light bulbs. This will certainly go beyond the kitchen, but that is okay. The normal light bulbs are the incandescent variety, which really should be replaced with compact fluorescent lightbulbs, which save energy. Although costing a little more in the beginning, these types of bulbs last as long as ten of the standard type as well as using a lot less energy. Changing the light bulbs would certainly keep plenty of bulbs out of the landfills, which is good. You also have to get the routine of turning off the lights when there is nobody in a room. The kitchen lights especially tend to be left on all day long, just because the family tends to spend a lot of time there. Of course this also happens in other rooms, not simply the kitchen. Do an exercise if you like; have a look at the amount of electricity you can save by turning the lights off as soon as you don’t need them.
The kitchen on its own provides you with many small means by which energy and money can be saved. Eco-friendly living is not really that hard. A lot of it really is merely using common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to handmade udon noodles recipe. You can have handmade udon noodles using 4 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Handmade Udon Noodles:
- You need 100 grams of Bread (strong) flour.
- Provide 100 grams of Cake flour.
- Provide 10 grams of Salt.
- Prepare 90 ml of Water.
Instructions to make Handmade Udon Noodles:
- Make the salt water. Warm up 90 ml of water just enough that the salt will dissolve in it easily. Dissolve the salt in it, and leave the water to cool down to room temperature. (10 g of salt is 2 teaspoons).
- Combine the flours in a bowl. Add the salt water to this little by little while you mix it into the flours. (Don't worry if it looks like there's not enough water in the dough at this stage.).
- Form the dough into a ball, cover completely with plastic wrap, and rest at room temperature for 30 minutes. (The flour will become permeated with the moisture in the dough as it rests.).
- Put the dough in a doubled up thick plastic bag (or two plastic bags). Step on the dough evenly, starting from the middle and working towards the edges..
- When the dough is flat, take it out of the bag, fold up up into a small bundle again, return to the bag and step on it until it's flattened. Repeat about 5 more times..
- If you have the time, keep folding and stepping on it again and again. Step on it with your kids, step on it with your hubby, step on it with your lover..
- When you've stepped on it as much was you want, roll the dough up, wrap it in plastic and rest it for 30 minutes to an hour. (You can skip this resting step, but it's better if you don't.).
- After the dough has rested, flour a cutting board and roll the dough out very very thinly with a rolling pin..
- Dust with more flour and fold the dough, and slice it into noodles from the edge..
- Separate the cut noodles as you dust it with more flour..
- Boil the udon noodles in plenty of water. (If you're serving them cold, cook for a slightly longer time.).
- Rinse the cooked noodles well in cold water until the surface stickiness is gone. Serve with toppings of your choice..
If you find this Handmade Udon Noodles recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.