Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Bright Yellow Turmeric Udon Noodles recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Bright Yellow Turmeric Udon Noodles recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Methods To Live Green And also Save Money In The Kitchen.
Remember when the only men and women who cared about the ecosystem were tree huggers along with hippies? That has totally changed now, since we all seem to have an awareness that the planet is having troubles, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. Unless everyone begins to start living much more environmentally friendly we won’t be able to correct the problems of the environment. This should happen soon and living in methods more friendly to the environment should become an objective for every individual family. Continue reading for some methods to go green and save energy, largely in the kitchen.
You may well prefer cooking with your oven, but using a microwave instead will cost you much less money. The energy used by cooking in an oven is definitely greater by 75%, and perhaps this small bit of knowledge will spur you on to use the microwave more frequently. When it relates to boiling water and steaming vegetables, you can save plenty of electrical power and do the job faster with countertop appliances rather than a stove. You could well be forgiven for thinking that an automatic dishwasher uses a lot more energy than washing dishes the old-fashioned way, but you would be wrong. A dishwasher is specifically efficient when it’s full before a cycle is going. By cool drying or even air drying the dishes as opposed to heat drying them, you can add to the amount of money you save.
As you can see, there are plenty of little things that you can do to save energy, and also save money, in the kitchen alone. Eco-friendly living is not that tough. It’s about being practical, more often than not.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to bright yellow turmeric udon noodles recipe. You can cook bright yellow turmeric udon noodles using 11 ingredients and 27 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Bright Yellow Turmeric Udon Noodles:
- Provide 400 grams of All-purpose flour.
- Provide 20 grams of Salt.
- Prepare 180 ml of Water.
- Provide 5 grams of Turmeric.
- Get of Equipment and tools.
- Prepare 1 large of wooden board (kneading board).
- Prepare 1 of Long round wooden pole (rolling pin).
- Get 1 of pair Plastic gloves.
- Use 2 of Plastic bag.
- Provide 2 of Garbage bag.
- Prepare 1 of Katakuriko (for dusting).
Instructions to make Bright Yellow Turmeric Udon Noodles:
- Mix the flour and turmeric together. Dissolve the salt in water to prepare a 10% salt water..
- Add the salt water to the flour little by little, cutting it in using a wooden spatula..
- When the mixture looks like coarse crumbs, it's done..
- Put on plastic gloves and knead and press the dough together into a ball. Keep kneading and pressing down hard on it..
- This is how it looks when it comes together. The dough ball may have lots of cracks on the surface at this stage, but as long as it's all together it's fine..
- Put the dough ball in a plastic bag and close the bag up. Leave to rest at room temperature for 30 to 1 hour (1st rest time)..
- Transfer the rested dough to a garbage bag, and step on it while putting your weight into it. Garbage bags rip easily so I recommend using a double layer..
- Fold the flattened out dough and step on it again. Repeat this for a total of about 6 times..
- Finally, fold the flattened out dough into a round ball again (It doesn't have to be perfectly round)..
- Transfer the dough to a plastic bag, and leave to rest for another 1-2 hours (2nd rest time). Or, rest it in the refrigerator for 24 hours..
- While the dough rests for a 2nd time, make the board, rolling pin and dusting flour ready..
- Step on the rested dough ball lightly to flatten it and make it easier to roll out..
- Dust the kneading board with flour and put the flattened dough ball on it. Dust the dough too..
- Roll the dough out a bit with the rolling pin..
- Roll the dough onto the rolling pin, and press and roll with both hands as if you were rolling out clay from the middle to the edges..
- Change the direction of the dough, roll it on the rolling pin again and roll out..
- The dough will get thinner and bigger..
- When it's about as thick as your ear lobe, dust the surface with flour..
- Fold the dough 4 to 6 times so that it's easier to cut..
- Here is how it looks folded 6 times..
- Dust a cutting board and a knife with plenty of flour, and cut the dough evenly..
- Grab the ends of the noodles and pick them up and then put them done again. Repeat this to coat the noodles with flour..
- Here is how a hank of noodles looks before boiling..
- Boil the noodles in plenty of hot water for 8-10 minutes. (The cooking time varies depending on how thick the dough and noodles are. For rather thick noodles, it takes 12-15 minutes.).
- When the noodles are cooked, drain them into a colander and cool and rinse them in lots of cold water to finish Use them in your favorite udon dishes..
- These noodles are perfect in curry udon..
- Divide up any noodles you won't be eating right away into individual portions (120-150 g), wrap with plastic wrap and freeze. The noodles will keep fine for about a month..
If you find this Bright Yellow Turmeric Udon Noodles recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.