Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Fried Udon Noodles With Shrimp and Spicy Peanut Sauce recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Fried Udon Noodles With Shrimp and Spicy Peanut Sauce recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Fried Udon Noodles With Shrimp and Spicy Peanut Sauce recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Suggestions For Living Green And Saving Money In The Kitchen.
Remember when the only people who cared about the ecosystem were tree huggers along with hippies? That has fully changed now, since we all apparently have an awareness that the planet is having difficulties, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. The experts are agreed that we cannot adjust things for the better without everyone’s active involvement. This should happen soon and living in ways more friendly to the environment should become a mission for every individual family. Here are some tips that can help you save energy, for the most part by making your kitchen area more green.
Changing light bulbs is as good an area to start as any. Naturally you shouldn’t confine this to just the kitchen area. Compact fluorescent lightbulbs are generally energy-savers, and you should use them rather than incandescent lights. These bulbs are generally energy-efficient which means electricity consumption is definitely lower, and, even though they cost a bit more to buy, will outlast an incandescent light ten times over. Changing the light bulbs would certainly keep a lot of bulbs out of the landfills, which is good. It goes further than merely exchanging the lights, though; turning off lights that aren’t needed is definitely another good thing to do. In the kitchen is where you’ll regularly come across members of a family, and often the lights usually are not turned off until the last person goes to bed. And it’s not limited to the kitchen, it goes on in other parts of the house at the same time. Make a routine of having the lights on only when they are necessary, and you’ll be surprised at the amount of electricity you save.
As you can see, there are many little things that you can do to save energy, as well as save money, in the kitchen alone. Environmentally friendly living just isn’t that hard. A lot of it really is merely utilizing common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to fried udon noodles with shrimp and spicy peanut sauce recipe. To cook fried udon noodles with shrimp and spicy peanut sauce you need 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Fried Udon Noodles With Shrimp and Spicy Peanut Sauce:
- Use 1/4 cup of rice vinegar.
- Take 1 cup of natural peanut butter.
- Provide 1 of -inch chunk fresh ginger.
- Use 1/4 cup of water.
- Use 1/4 cup of reduced-sodium soy sauce.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- Get 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need to taste of Hot sauce,.
- Provide 4 tablespoons of sesame oil, divided.
- Prepare 1 of large yellow onion, thinly sliced.
- Get 2 of large red bell peppers, cored and thinly sliced.
- Provide 8 of -ounce package udon noodles.
- Use 1 pound of shelled raw shrimp, patted dry (frozen will also do).
- Get 1/2 cup of chopped peanuts.
Instructions to make Fried Udon Noodles With Shrimp and Spicy Peanut Sauce:
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. While the water heats, in a blender combine the peanut butter, ginger, vinegar, soy sauce, water, garlic and black pepper. Blend until smooth. The peanut sauce should be thick, but pourable. If the sauce is too thick, add a couple tablespoons of additional water and blend again. Taste, then add hot sauce to your desired heat preference, blending again. Set aside..
- In a large skillet over medium-high, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil. Add the onion and peppers, then cook until just tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside. Reserve the skillet. Add the udon noodles to the boiling water and cook for 2 minutes, or until just barely cooked. The noodles should still be a bit firm. While the noodles cook, return the skillet to medium-high heat and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of sesame oil. Drain the noodles well and add them to the hot skillet.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and continue to cook, stirring constantly, until the shrimp are just pink, about 5 minutes. Return the onion and peppers to the skillet and toss until heated. Remove the skillet from the heat, then pour in a liberal amount of peanut sauce (use as much or as little as you prefer), using tongs to toss the ingredients until well coated. Top with the peanuts and serve..
If you find this Fried Udon Noodles With Shrimp and Spicy Peanut Sauce recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.