Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Virgin Eggnog recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Virgin Eggnog recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Ways To Live Green Plus Conserve Money In The Kitchen.
It was not really that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern regarding the well-being of the ecosystem. Those days are over, and it looks like we all comprehend our role in stopping and perhaps reversing the damage being done to our planet. The experts are agreed that we cannot change things for the better without everyone’s active participation. These types of changes need to start occurring, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. The kitchen is a good place to start saving energy by going much more green.
Perhaps the food is not quite as good when cooked in the microwave, nevertheless it will save you money to use it over your oven. Perhaps the realization that an oven uses 75% more energy will stimulate you to use the microwave more. Countertop appliances can boil water or even steam vegetables more quickly than your stove, and use a lot less electricity. Many individuals incorrectly believe that doing the dishes by hand uses a reduced amount of energy than a dishwasher. You get the greatest energy savings by completely loading the dishwasher before commencing a wash cycle. By cool drying or air drying the dishes as opposed to heat drying them, you can increase the amount of money you save.
As you can see, there are lots of little elements that you can do to save energy, and save money, in the kitchen alone. Green living is not that hard. Largely, all it takes is a little common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to virgin eggnog recipe. You can cook virgin eggnog using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Virgin Eggnog:
- Take 5 of eggs.
- Take 2 1/4 Cups of Heavy Cream.
- Take 2 3/4 Cups of Milk.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract.
- Use 3/4 Cup of Sugar.
- Use 1 of Cinnamon Nutmeg or to garnish.
Steps to make Virgin Eggnog:
- Separate the Egg Yolks & the whites.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the sugar. With the other parts of Sugar, whisk the yolks and the sugar until texture becomes creamy..
- Add 1/2 cup of the heavy cream and 1 cup of the milk to this mixture and stir well..
- Place the bowl in a pan with simmering water and keep stirring continuously for 6 minutes. Take off stove and chill this mixture well..
- Take the egg whites and beat them until soft peaks form. Add the 1/4 cup reserved sugar to this and beat well until stiff peaks form and the cream ribbons (check picture). In a separate bowl, beat about 1/2 cup of the heavy cream..
- Fold the egg white into the cream and refrigerate.
- Take out the egg yolk mixture which is well chilled and add the remaining milk, Vanilla Extract and cream to the mixture. Stir well and chill again..
- Egg nog is best served cold, if you can help it then wait until the next morning. Pour the egg yolk mixture first and top with the egg white mix. Sprinkle with the nutmeg or cinnamon..
- Merry Christmas!.
- P.S : if you want this done as the traditional alcohol filled eggnog, simply at the second last step, remove 3/4 cup of milk and 3/4 cup of cream. Instead add 1 cup of bourbon or whisky and 1/4 cup of rum and refrigerate.
- P.P.S: Some people might not like the taste of Egg Whites. Simply omit the step of adding it and serve just the yolk mix.
If you find this Virgin Eggnog recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.