Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Eggnog for adults recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Eggnog for adults recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Methods To Live Green Plus Spend less Money In The Kitchen.
It was not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern regarding the well-being of the surroundings. That’s a thing of the past now, with all people being aware of the problems besetting the planet and the shared responsibility we have for turning things around. According to the industry experts, to clean up the environment we are all going to have to make some changes. This should happen soon and living in methods more friendly to the environment should become a goal for every individual family. Here are a few tips that can help you save energy, primarily by making your kitchen more green.
Although it may not taste as good, cooking food in the microwave instead of in the oven will save you a packet of money. If you find out it will take 75% more energy to cook in the oven, you could possibly look for more ways to use the microwave. When it pertains to boiling water and steaming vegetables, you can save plenty of energy and do the job faster with countertop appliances rather than a stove. You might believe that you save energy by washing your dishes by hand, but that is definitely not true. A dishwasher is especially effective when it’s full before a cycle is commenced. Don’t dry the dishes by using heat, use the cool dry or air dry features to increase the money you save.
As you can see, there are plenty of little items that you can do to save energy, as well as save money, in the kitchen alone. It is reasonably straightforward to live green, after all. A lot of it truly is merely using common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to eggnog for adults recipe. To make eggnog for adults you only need 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Eggnog for adults:
- Provide 12 of large eggs.
- You need 1 of pound powdered sugar.
- Use 2 cup of good sour mash whiskey or bourbon.
- Get 1 quart of milk.
- Provide 2 cup of white rum it's ok to use cheaper brand, the whiskey is domininate flavor.
- Take 1 quart of heavey whipping cream.
Steps to make Eggnog for adults:
- Seperate the eggs. You really should use the 3 bowl method. Put the yolks in a large bowl preferably of a stand mixer. Put the whites in refrigerator in a covered container..
- Beat the yolks till light & lemon colored. In a Kitchen Aid using the paddle, this takes 3-5 minutes on medium speed..
- Sift the powdered sugar into a seperate bowl. This will insure that there are no lumps..
- Beat the powdered sugar into the egg yolks. Add slowly & scrape down the sides of the bowl until it is thoroughly incorporated. This will be thick & heavey..
- Starting with a teaspoon at a time, beat the whiskey into the yolks & sugar. Continue adding slowly with mixer running at low speed. Scrape bowl often. If you try to rush this step, the mixture will curdle. Cover loosely with plastic wrap & let sit at room temperature 1 hour for the eggy taste to lighten..
- Beat the quart of milk into the yolks, sugar, whiskey mixture. This is easier with a hand mixer..
- Beat the 2 cups of rum into the mixture. Cover & refrigate at least 4 hours. Longer is fine. This allows the flavors to mellow..
- If you are going to serve this in a punch bowl, whip the cream to barely soft peaks & fold into the base mixture. Beat the egg whites to the stiff peak stage & fold into the mixture. Serve in punch cups & laugh at each other's foam mustaches..
- If you are going to put in jars, I use quart canning jars, just pour the quart of cream into the base mixture & beat till uniformly mixed. Beat the egg whites to stiff peaks & stir into the eggnog. Beat with a hand mixer till smooth. Cover & refrigerate..
- The egg whites will form a foam crust. Beat this down into the liquid. Scrape bowl. Pour or ladle into jars. The foam will rise to the top. Shake the jars & top up. The whole batch makes about 4 & a half quarts. I usually pour from the not full jar to top the rest of the jars..
If you find this Eggnog for adults recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.