Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Crawfish Etouffee recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Crawfish Etouffee recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Crawfish Etouffee recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Ways To Live Green And also Save Money In The Kitchen.
Until fairly recently any individual who expressed concern about the wreckage of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That’s a thing of the past now, with everybody being aware of the problems besetting the planet and also the shared obligation we have for turning things around. According to the experts, to clean up the surroundings we are all going to have to make some adjustments. This needs to happen soon and living in ways more friendly to the environment should become a goal for every individual family. The kitchen area is a good place to begin saving energy by going more green.
While it may not taste as good, baking food in the microwave as an alternative to in the oven will save you a packet of money. The energy used by cooking in an oven is greater by 75%, and perhaps this small bit of knowledge will spur you on to use the microwave more frequently. Countertop appliances will boil water or steam vegetables more quickly than your stove, and use a lot less electricity. You could well be forgiven for thinking that an automatic dishwasher uses more energy than washing dishes the old-fashioned method, but you would be wrong. Especially if you make certain the dishwasher is full previous to starting a cycle. Preserve even more money by air drying as well as cool drying your dishes as an alternative to heat drying them.
The kitchen on its own gives you many small ways by which energy and money can be saved. Green living is not really that difficult. Largely, all it requires is a bit of common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to crawfish etouffee recipe. You can have crawfish etouffee using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Crawfish Etouffee:
- Provide 1 lb of crawfish tail.
- Prepare 1 cup of onion, chopped.
- Get 1 cup of celery, chopped.
- Take 1 cup of green bell pepper, chopped.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Provide 1 bunch of green onions, chopped.
- Provide 5 tbsp of butter.
- You need 5 tbsp of flour.
- Use 2 cups of shrimp or chicken stock.
- Take 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Get 1 cup of crushed tomatoes.
- Provide 1 tbsp of each of garlic powder, oldBay or Creole seasoning, pepper.
- Get Pinch of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
- Get 2 cups of prepared white rice.
Steps to make Crawfish Etouffee:
- In a heavy pot, add butter and flour on low heat. Whisk constantly until the roux turns a peanut butter color.
- Add onions, bell pepper and celery. Stir about 5 min until they start to soften. Add garlic and tomatoes.
- Slowly stir in stock, then add Worcestershire, seasonings and green onion (reserve a bit for garnish).
- Turn heat to medium high, once it starts to boil, cover and turn heat to low. Let cook 30 min..
- Add crawfish tails and let those cook about 5 min..
- To serve, ladle etouffee into a bowl, then a spoonful of rice and top with green onions. Enjoy!!.
If you find this Crawfish Etouffee recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.