Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Gingerbread Cookies recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Gingerbread Cookies recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Techniques To Live Green And also Save Money In The Kitchen.
It was not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern about the well-being of the surroundings. Those days are over, and it looks like we all recognize our role in stopping and conceivably reversing the damage being done to our planet. Unless everyone begins to start living a lot more green we won’t be able to fix the problems of the environment. This must happen soon and living in ways more friendly to the environment should become a goal for every individual family. The kitchen area is a good place to start saving energy by going a lot more green.
Maybe the food isn’t quite as good when cooked in the microwave, nevertheless it will save you money to use it over your oven. As soon as you find out it will take 75% more energy to cook in the oven, you may look for more ways to use the microwave. When compared with your stove, you can make boiled water or steamed vegetables faster, and use a great deal less energy, by using countertop appliances. You might think that you save energy by washing your dishes by hand, however that is certainly not true. A dishwasher is especially effective when it’s full before a cycle is started. By cool drying or perhaps air drying the dishes besides heat drying them, you can increase the amount of money you save.
From the above it ought to be clear that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are numerous little opportunities for saving energy and money. It is reasonably easy to live green, all things considered. A lot of it truly is basically using common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to gingerbread cookies recipe. To make gingerbread cookies you only need 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Gingerbread Cookies:
- Use 3 1/2 Cups of all-purpose flour.
- Use 2 1/2 Teaspoons of ginger , ground.
- Get 1 Teaspoon of baking soda.
- Use 1 Teaspoon of cinnamon , ground.
- Provide 1/2 Teaspoon of nutmeg , freshly grated.
- Take 1/4 Teaspoon of cloves , ground.
- Get 1/4 Teaspoon of salt.
- Take 1/2 Cup of butter , unsalted , softened.
- Provide 3/4 Cup of brown sugar light.
- Take 1 of egg large.
- Get 3/4 Cup of molasses mild.
Steps to make Gingerbread Cookies:
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the egg, mixing until combined..
- Then add the molasses and beat on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. On low speed, slowly add the dry ingredients and mix just until the flour is incorporated, scraping the bowl as necessary, about 2 minutes. The dough will be very stiff and sticky..
- Scrape the dough onto a lightly floured baking sheet and pat it flat to a 1-inch thickness. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 1 hour and up to 4 weeks. Position racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven and heat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment..
- Cut the chilled dough into quarters On a well-floured work surface, roll out one piece of dough to 1/8 inch thick (keep the remaining dough in the freezer). If the dough sticks to your work surface, slide an offset spatula under the dough to release it and dust the work surface with more flour..
- With a 4-1/4-inch cookie cutter, cut out the cookies and use an offset spatula to transfer them to the baking sheets, spacing them at least 1/2 inch apart. Brush off any excess flour..
- Gather and press the dough scraps together, then roll to 1/8 inch thick, and cut out more shapes. Add any remaining scraps to the next quarter of chilled dough. Continue rolling and cutting until the baking sheets are full..
- Bake the cookies, rotating and swapping the sheets’ positions halfway through baking, until firm to the touch and the edges are slightly golden, about 10 minutes..
- Slide the cookies on their parchment onto racks and let cool. Roll out and bake the remaining dough in batches on fresh sheets of parchment..
If you find this Gingerbread Cookies recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.