Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Zesty Steamed Mussels recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Zesty Steamed Mussels recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen Will Save You Money.
Remember when the only people who cared about the environment were tree huggers along with hippies? That’s a thing of the past now, with everyone being aware of the problems besetting the planet and also the shared responsibility we have for turning things around. Unless everyone begins to start living more environmentally friendly we won’t be able to fix the problems of the environment. These kinds of adjustments need to start taking place, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. The kitchen area is a good place to start saving energy by going a lot more green.
A massive amount of electricity is consumed by freezers and refrigerators, and it’s even worse if they are working inefficiently. When you can get a new one, they use about 60% less than the old ones that happen to be more than ten years old. The correct temperature for food is 37F within the fridge and 0F in the freezer, and sticking to these will use a lesser amount of electricity. Checking that the condenser is actually clean, which means that the motor needs to operate less often, will also save electricity.
The kitchen by itself gives you many small ways by which energy and money can be saved. It is quite easy to live green, of course. It’s related to being sensible, usually.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to zesty steamed mussels recipe. You can cook zesty steamed mussels using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Zesty Steamed Mussels:
- Get 1.5 Pounds of fresh, live, PEI mussels.
- Take 3 Strips of bacon, diced.
- Take 1 of shallot, finely diced.
- Prepare 4 Cloves of finely chopped garlic.
- Get 2 Tbsp of lemon juice.
- Take 1 Tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Provide 2 Cups of dry white wine (I use Pinot Grigio).
- Get 1/4 Cup of fresh chopped parsley.
- Provide 1/4 Cup of grated parmesan.
- Prepare as needed of olive oil.
Steps to make Zesty Steamed Mussels:
- Prepare the mussels for cooking as described in the recipe description above. To reiterate: it is VERY important to ensure that all of your mussels are alive before cooking. Any dead mussels should be discarded..
- Place the diced bacon into a cold, large pot and turn on the heat to medium. Add a drizzle of olive oil. Starting the pan cold and adding the drizzle of olive oil will help the bacon render its fat and become crispy. Fry the bacon until it is about halfway cooked..
- Before the bacon gets crispy, add the shallot and garlic and stir in well. You don't want to add these any sooner or they will burn..
- Once the bacon is well and truly crispy, add in lemon juice and cayenne pepper. Stir to combine..
- Once combined, pour the mussels into the pot and ensure they are spread as evenly across the pot as possible. Pour the white wine over the mussels. The wine should touch every mussel in the pot though they do not need to actually be covered. You're steaming them; not boiling them..
- Cover the pot tightly with the lid and allow to cook for about a minute to a minute and a half until all of the mussels have popped open. If there are any mussels which have not opened, these should be discarded but make sure you at least give them the chance. The mussels are cooked as soon as they open. Continuing to cook once they've opened will result in rubbery mussels..
- Give the mussels a quick but gentle stir to make sure that they're all coated in the broth. Pour into a serving bowl with all the broth and top with grated parmesan. Serve immediately with bread to use for mopping up the broth..
If you find this Zesty Steamed Mussels recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.