Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mussels in potato stew recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mussels in potato stew recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Ways To Live Green And also Spend less Money In The Kitchen.
It was certainly not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern about the well-being of the environment. Those days are over, and it looks like we all realize our role in stopping and conceivably reversing the damage being done to our planet. The experts are agreed that we cannot change things for the better without everyone’s active involvement. This needs to happen soon and living in approaches more friendly to the environment should become a mission for every individual family. The kitchen is a good place to begin saving energy by going more green.
Start with replacing the lights. This will certainly go further than the kitchen, nonetheless that is okay. The typical light bulbs are the incandescent style, which should be replaced with compact fluorescent lightbulbs, which save energy. They cost a little bit more initially, but they last ten times longer, and use less electricity. Changing the light bulbs would certainly keep a great deal of bulbs out of the landfills, and that’s good. You also have to acquire the routine of turning off the lights when there is nobody in a room. The family spends a lot of time in the cooking area, and how frequently does the kitchen light go on in the morning and is left on all day long. This likewise happens in the rest of the house, but we are trying to save money in the kitchen. Do an exercise if you like; take a look at the amount of electricity you can save by turning the lights off as soon as you don’t need them.
From the above it should be obvious that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are numerous little opportunities for saving energy and money. Natural living is definitely something we can all do, without difficulty. Mostly, all it will take is a little common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mussels in potato stew recipe. To make mussels in potato stew you only need 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Mussels in potato stew:
- Prepare 1 pound of mussels.
- Take 3 of carrots.
- Take 5 of fresh tomatoes chopped.
- You need 1 cup of tomato paste.
- Prepare of Cooking oil of choice.
- Take 3 of large potatoes.
- Take 1 of diced onion.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic.
- Take of Seasoning of choice.
- Use of pepper (blended or chopped).
Instructions to make Mussels in potato stew:
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil over medium heat and add chopped onions. Fry until translucent.
- Add chopped garlic and stir for about 10 seconds before adding in chopped tomatoes.
- Let this fry for about 2 mins, add in tomato sauce/paste and pepper and let cook for about 5 mins..
- Add 3-4 cups of water to tomato sauce and bring mixture to a boil..
- Season with salt then add in potato slices. Cover pot ans let it cook for about 5 mins, at this time the potato is just about tender and the water level in pot has decreased(cooking time depends on the size of potato)..
- Wash the mussels thoroughly and discard the ones which are already open,.
- Add mussels and chopped carrots to pot and cover for 1-2 mins, in this time the carrots would soften a bit without becoming soggy or loosing nutrients and the mussels would have opened up. This indicates that they're cooked..
- Turn of heat, let it rest covered for 2 mins before serving!.
If you find this Mussels in potato stew recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.