Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Kerala Style Mussels Biryani / Malabari Kadukka Biriyani recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kerala Style Mussels Biryani / Malabari Kadukka Biriyani recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Ways To Live Green And Save Money In The Kitchen.
It was not really that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern concerning the well-being of the environment. That’s a thing of the past now, with everyone being aware of the problems besetting the planet and also the shared burden we have for turning things around. According to the experts, to clean up the environment we are all going to have to make some changes. Each and every family must start generating changes that are environmentally friendly and they must do this soon. The kitchen is a good starting point saving energy by going a lot more green.
Start with replacing the lights. Obviously you shouldn’t confine this to just the kitchen area. Compact fluorescent lightbulbs are generally energy-savers, and you must use them in place of incandescent lights. Although costing a little more originally, these types of bulbs last as long as ten of the traditional type as well as using a lot less energy. One of the advantages is that for every one of these lightbulbs used, it means that approximately ten normal lightbulbs less will certainly end up at a landfill site. Coupled with different light bulbs, you need to learn to leave the lights off when they are not needed. The kitchen lights in particular are often left on the entire day, just because the family tends to spend a lot of time there. This likewise takes place in the rest of the house, but we have been trying to save money in the kitchen. Try keeping the lights off if you don’t absolutely need them, and notice just how much electricity you can save.
From the above it should be obvious that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are many little opportunities for saving energy and money. Environmentally friendly living is not that hard. A lot of it really is basically using common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to kerala style mussels biryani / malabari kadukka biriyani recipe. To cook kerala style mussels biryani / malabari kadukka biriyani you need 27 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Kerala Style Mussels Biryani / Malabari Kadukka Biriyani:
- You need 2 cups of Basmati rice.
- Get 1/2 kg of Mussels meat ,cleaned.
- Get 3 of Onions, thinly sliced.
- Provide 1" of Ginger, finely chopped.
- Provide 5 pods of Garlic , finely chopped.
- Provide 3 of Green chilies, slit lengthwise.
- Provide 2 of Tomatoes, finely chopped.
- Get 1 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Use 2 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- Use 1 tsp of Fennel powder.
- Get 1 tsp of Pepper powder.
- Provide 1 tsp of Garam masala / whole spice powder.
- Take 1 tsp of Curd.
- Take 1/2 cup of Coconut milk.
- You need 2 of Bay leaves.
- You need 4 of Cardamom pods.
- Take 1" of Cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 2 of Star anise.
- You need 4 of Cloves.
- Prepare As needed of Ghee/clarified butter.
- You need To taste of Salt.
- Provide 2 tbsp of ghee/clarified butter.
- You need 1 tsp of Lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 handful of Cashews-.
- Get 1 handful of Raisins.
- Prepare As needed of Oil.
- Provide As needed of Water.
Steps to make Kerala Style Mussels Biryani / Malabari Kadukka Biriyani:
- Clean, wash, and drain the rice. Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed vessel and lightly fry the whole spices until fragrant. Add the washed rice and lightly roast for 2-3 minutes on low flame. Add 4 cups of water along with salt to taste and cook the rice. Once the rice is 90% done, remove it from flame and keep aside..
- In a small bowl, make a smooth paste of turmeric powder, chilli powder, fennel powder, pepper powder, and salt. Marinate the mussels with the prepared paste and leave it aside for 30 mins. Heat oil in a large pan and fry the mussels until brown. Transfer to a plate and keep aside. In the same pan, add more oil if needed..
- Add the sliced onions and saute until golden brown. Add the chopped ginger and garlic and saute until the raw smell goes away. Add the green chilies and tomatoes. Cook until soft and mushy. Add the cooked mussels and fry for 2-3 mins until the masala gets coated well. Add the curd and season with salt. Add the coconut milk and mix well to combine. Cook on low flame until the gravy thickens. Remove from flame and keep aside..
- Heat ghee in a large pan. Fry the cashews and raisins and transfer them into a plate. Line a layer of rice as the bottom layer, followed by a layer of the mussels masala; repeat with the remaining rice and mussels gravy. Garnish with the fried cashews and raisins. Sprinkle lemon juice on top. Cover with a tight lid and cook on low flame for another 10-15 mins. erve warm with raita, pappadum, & pickle..
If you find this Kerala Style Mussels Biryani / Malabari Kadukka Biriyani recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.