Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Steamed Mussels in White Wine recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Steamed Mussels in White Wine recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Steamed Mussels in White Wine recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen area Will Save You Money.
Remember when the only people who cared about the ecosystem were tree huggers and hippies? Those days are over, and it looks like we all comprehend our role in stopping and possibly reversing the damage being done to our planet. Unless everyone begins to start living a lot more eco-friendly we won’t be able to resolve the problems of the environment. This must happen soon and living in approaches more friendly to the environment should become a goal for every individual family. The kitchen area is a good starting point saving energy by going a lot more green.
Even though it may not taste as good, baking food in the microwave instead of in the oven will save you a packet of money. The energy used by cooking in an oven is greater by 75%, and possibly this small amount of knowledge will spur you on to use the microwave more frequently. When it comes to boiling water and steaming vegetables, you can save plenty of electrical power and do the job faster with countertop appliances rather than a stove. Many men and women wrongly believe that doing the dishes by hand uses a lesser amount of energy than a dishwasher. A dishwasher is particularly effective when it’s full before a cycle is going. Don’t dry the dishes by using heat, use the cool dry or air dry options to increase the money you save.
As you can see, there are plenty of little things that you can do to save energy, as well as save money, in the kitchen alone. Green living is not that difficult. Mostly, all it takes is a bit of common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to steamed mussels in white wine recipe. You can have steamed mussels in white wine using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Steamed Mussels in White Wine:
- Prepare 2 lb of mussels, scrubbed & debearded.
- Prepare 3 tbs. of virgin olive oil.
- Take 2 tbs. of butter, unsalted.
- Take 1/2 cup of white onion, chopped.
- Provide 3 of shallots, chopped.
- Get 1 of jalapeno (green or red), finely chopped.
- Take 2 cloves of garlic, finely sliced.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of red pepper flakes.
- Provide 1 cup of white wine.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of dried thyme.
- Take Dash of salt / pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped.
- You need 3 of scallions (green onions), thinly sliced.
- Use 1/2 cup of flat-leaf parsley, chopped.
- Take of Toasted garlic bread.
Steps to make Steamed Mussels in White Wine:
- Storing Mussels: rinse mussels in netted bag with water and then refrigerate on a small plate until ready to prepare that day. You can place in freezer periodically for 20 minutes to really chill..
- Preparing Mussels: cut open netted bag and place mussels in a colander. Remove any "beards" with your fingers, scrub ones that may be dirty, and discard ones that aren't tightly shut..
- Place colander in a large bowl and fill with water. Soak for 20 minutes in refrigerator, then drain..
- Tip: After preparing and chopping veggies, prepare the garlic toasted bread..
- In a big sauté pan, 12-14” with lid (or a large pot), heat the oil and butter over medium heat. Add the onion, pepper, and shallots, cook for 3-4 minutes. Stir a bit..
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes, cook for 1 more minute. Add the wine, thyme, and dash of salt & pepper. Slightly stir..
- Bring this up to a boil, add the mussels, cover, and give the pan (pot) a shake or two. Reduce to medium-high heat and steam for about 4-5 minutes. Then check to see if most, if not all, of the mussels are opened..
- Add the tomatoes, scallions, and a bit of white wine to the pan and cover. Shake the pan and turn off heat. Let steam for another 1-2 minutes..
- Before pouring the mussels and the broth into the bowl(s), discard any unopened ones. Serve hot with a sprinkling of parsley and don't forget the toasted bread..
- Ah, one of the best parts of the meal!.
If you find this Steamed Mussels in White Wine recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.