Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Baked Mussels recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Baked Mussels recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Baked Mussels recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Guidelines For Living Green And Spending less Within the Kitchen.
Until fairly recently any person who expressed concern about the destruction of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That has fully changed now, since we all apparently have an awareness that the planet is having problems, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. The experts are agreed that we cannot change things for the better without everyone’s active contribution. These changes need to start taking place, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. The cooking area is a good place to begin saving energy by going more green.
Changing light bulbs is actually as good a spot to begin with as any. Complete this for the entire house, not just the kitchen. Compact fluorescent lightbulbs are usually energy-savers, and you will need to use them rather than incandescent lights. They cost a small amount more at first, but they last ten times longer, and use less electricity. Changing the light bulbs would certainly keep a great deal of bulbs out of the landfills, which is good. Along with different light bulbs, you need to learn to leave the lights off whenever they are not needed. In the kitchen is where you’ll usually come across members of a family, and often the lights are not turned off until the last person goes to bed. This also takes place in the rest of the house, but we’re trying to save money in the kitchen. Make a routine of having the lights on only when they are required, and you’ll be surprised at the amount of electricity you save.
The kitchen on its own offers you many small ways by which energy and money can be saved. Environmentally friendly living is not that hard. It’s concerning being functional, more often than not.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to baked mussels recipe. To make baked mussels you need 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Baked Mussels:
- Use 1 lb of mussels.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of water.
- Use 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs.
- Get 2 tbsp. of grated parmesan.
- Provide 2 tbsp. of chopped parsley.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- Take 1 pinch of dry oregano.
- Use 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
Instructions to make Baked Mussels:
- Preheat the oven to 400F/200C. Prepare a baking dish with slightly scrunched foil in it (to help the mussels be able to sit level)..
- Scrub the mussels, removing any dirt and hairy bit, clean and discard any that are broken..
- Put the mussels in a pot with the water, cover and put on a medium-high heat for a couple minutes until they open up. Remove form the heat..
- Meanwhile, mix together the breadcrumbs, parmesan, parsley, garlic, oregano and olive oil in a small bowl..
- When the mussels have steamed, remove one side of the shell and use it to loosen the mussel from the shell, if still attached. Sit the mussel on one side of the shell and set it level on the foil in baking dish. Repeat with the rest of the mussels..
- Spoon/press some of the breadcrumb mixture on top of each mussel, trying to cover the mussel itself as far as possible. If you like, put a little of the mussel cooking juice in the bottom of the shell to help keep the mussel moist..
- Bake the mussels for approx 7-10 minutes until gently golden on top. Serve warm or room temp (don't re-heat them as they will likely go dry and/or tough)..
If you find this Baked Mussels recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.