Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Spicy Tuna Tostada recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spicy Tuna Tostada recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen Will Save You Dollars.
It was certainly not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern concerning the well-being of the ecosystem. That has totally changed now, since we all apparently have an awareness that the planet is having problems, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. According to the experts, to clean up the environment we are all going to have to make some changes. These kinds of changes need to start occurring, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. The kitchen area is a good place to begin saving energy by going a lot more green.
Although it may not taste as good, baking food in the microwave instead of in the oven will save you a packet of money. The energy used by cooking in an oven is definitely greater by 75%, and perhaps this little bit of knowledge will spur you on to use the microwave more frequently. Countertop appliances will boil water as well as steam vegetables more quickly than your stove, and use a lot less electricity. Many people mistakenly believe that doing the dishes by hand uses less energy than a dishwasher. Especially if you ensure that the dishwasher is full before starting a cycle. By cool drying or air drying the dishes besides heat drying them, you can raise the amount of money you save.
From the above it really should be apparent that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are many little opportunities for saving energy and money. Natural living is actually something we can all perform, without difficulty. Mostly, all it will take is a little common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to spicy tuna tostada recipe. You can have spicy tuna tostada using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Spicy Tuna Tostada:
- Take of Tuna:.
- Prepare 9 oz of tuna steak.
- Get 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Provide 1/2 of " ginger root, peeled and minced.
- Prepare 1 of lime.
- You need as needed of olive oil.
- You need of Spicy mayo:.
- Get 3 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- Provide 1 tsp of Pequin pepper powder, if available, or substitute with Cayenne pepper.
- Use of Fried leek:.
- Take 2 of " of the white part of a leek.
- Prepare as needed of frying oil of your choice (do not use olive oil).
- Prepare of Tostadas:.
- Take 4 of tostadas.
- Use 1 of ripe avocado.
Instructions to make Spicy Tuna Tostada:
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce, lime juice, and ginger. Marinate the tuna in this, turning ocassionally to fully impregnate..
- For the spicy mayo: ideally, you'd use Pequin pepper powder, but that's not always easy to find, so you can substitute with Cayenne pepper, as we did here. Add the powder to the mayonnaise and mix well..
- Next, cut the leek in half and slice it into half-moons, as thinly as possible..
- In a skillet, heat frying oil on high and fry the leeks until golden brown. Be careful not to let them darken too much, as they will become bitter. Remove from heat and let cool on paper towels to absorb excess oil..
- Using the same skillet (caution: very hot), heat the olive oil and sear the tuna. No more than one minute per side! Then, transfer to a cutting board and slice it as thinly as possible..
- Spread the spicy mayo on each tostada and distribute the tuna slices on them..
- Add 1/4 of the avocado on each tostada and top with a generous pinch of fried leek. Voilá! Enjoy!.
If you find this Spicy Tuna Tostada recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.