Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Kafir Lime Tart recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Kafir Lime Tart recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kafir Lime Tart recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen Could save you Cash.
Remember when the only people who cared about the ecosystem were tree huggers along with hippies? That’s a thing of the past now, with all people being aware of the problems besetting the planet and the shared obligation we have for turning things around. According to the experts, to clean up the environment we are all going to have to make some improvements. Each and every family must start creating changes that are environmentally friendly and they should do this soon. The cooking area is a good starting point saving energy by going a lot more green.
A lot of energy is definitely wasted when fridges and freezers, both heavy users of electricity anyway, are not operating efficiently. If you might be in the market for a new one, the good news is that compared with models from 10 or more years ago, they use about 60% less electricity. The suitable temperature settings for your fridge and freezer, whereby you’ll be saving electricity and optimising the preservation of food, is 37F as well as 0F. An additional way to save electricity is to keep the condenser clean, because the motor won’t have to go as often.
As you can see, there are lots of little items that you can do to save energy, and also save money, in the kitchen alone. It is quite easy to live green, all things considered. Largely, all it takes is a little common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to kafir lime tart recipe. To make kafir lime tart you only need 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Kafir Lime Tart:
- Get of Biscuit Base.
- Prepare 150 g of digestive biscuits.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Use 5-8 tbsp of melted butter.
- Provide of Lime Curd.
- Use 1 Can of condensed milk.
- Use 1/2 cup of freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Prepare 2 of heaped tbsp of lime zest.
- Provide 3-4 of egg yolks.
Instructions to make Kafir Lime Tart:
- Pound or blend biscuits. Add in sugar and butter to form moist crumbs..
- Line side of pie dish. I used a 18cm pie dish and had leftover crumbs and curd to make 5 more muffin sized tarts. It's really up to you if u want to line the sides of the pie. I tried both and equally delicious. The pie crust will help to cut away some of the acidity..
- Bake the base for 15min at 180deg.
- Whisk egg yolks till light and fluffy..
- Add in condensed milk slowly, followed by lime juice and zest..
- Pour into tart base or muffin trays. Curd won't really expand much. So you may fill to the top..
- Lick the spoon and bowl! It's reallly soooo gooood that you can take the risk of contracting salmonella from the raw egg yolks. Lol.
- Bake for 15-20min in 180deg oven till just set or when curd is slightly wobbly when shaken..
- Cool to room temp on wire rack then transfer to fridge. You may eat at room temp if you prefer it with a stronger lime taste.!.
- Optional: you may serve with thinly sliced lime garnish, or whipped cream. If you are gung-ho enough. Whip up the egg whites with some sugar to form a meringue and bake together with the tart!.
If you find this Kafir Lime Tart recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.