Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Lemon Curd Tartlets recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Lemon Curd Tartlets recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lemon Curd Tartlets recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Methods To Live Green And also Spend less Money In The Kitchen.
It was not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern about the well-being of the surroundings. That has fully changed now, since we all apparently have an awareness that the planet is having troubles, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. According to the specialists, to clean up the natural environment we are all going to have to make some changes. These types of adjustments need to start taking place, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Read on for some methods to go green and save energy, mainly in the kitchen.
You may prefer preparing food with your oven, but using a microwave instead will cost you a lot less money. If you find out it will take 75% more energy to cook in the oven, chances are you’ll look for more ways to use the microwave. When it pertains to boiling water and steaming vegetables, you can save a lot of electricity and do the job faster with countertop appliances rather than a stove. Many men and women mistakenly believe that doing the dishes by hand uses less energy than a dishwasher. Particularly if you make sure the dishwasher is full previous to starting a cycle. By cool drying or air drying the dishes instead of heat drying them, you can raise the amount of money you save.
The kitchen by itself provides you with many small means by which energy and money can be saved. It is quite easy to live green, of course. A lot of it really is basically making use of common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lemon curd tartlets recipe. You can have lemon curd tartlets using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Lemon Curd Tartlets:
- Prepare of Lemon curd.
- Get 6 tbsp of soft butter.
- Take 1 cup of sugar.
- Use 2 of eggs.
- Provide 2 of egg yolks.
- Use 1/2 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice..
- You need of Tart shells.
- Use 6 oz of plain flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of caster sugar.
- Get 120 grams of cold butter.
- Provide 2 tbsp of cold water.
Instructions to make Lemon Curd Tartlets:
- For tartlet shells: In a bowl, stir flour with sugar.With pastry blender or fingertips cut or rub butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs..
- Sprinkle cold water a tbsp at a time into mixture, mixing lightly with a fork until dough just holds together. With hands shape dough into ball.Wrap and refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F/gas 7.On lightly floured surface with floured rolling pin roll out dough 3mm- 1/8 inch thick. With floured 3 inch round pastry cutter cut out as many rounds as possible. Repeat with remaining dough..
- Press each round in tartlet tins .With fork prick shells in many places to prevent shrinkage and puffing during baking.Bake for 12/15 mins until lightly browned.
- Cool tartlets before filling them with lemon curd.
- For lemon curd: Cream together butter & sugar for 2 mins until light & fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Then add yolks..
- Beat until mixture becomes smooth and creamy light yellow..
- Add lemon juice. Beat on low speed until incorporated..
- Transfer to med sized saucepan and on low heat stir mixture is heated through and no longer looks curdled..
- Keep stirring constantly for next 12 min on med heat until thickened..
- Remove from heat and let it cool with cling wrap pressed directly on to the surface..
If you find this Lemon Curd Tartlets recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.