Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Pad Thai Style Noodles with Chicken and Shrimp recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pad Thai Style Noodles with Chicken and Shrimp recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tips For Living Green And Spending less In The Kitchen.
It was certainly not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern regarding the well-being of the ecosystem. That has totally changed now, since we all apparently have an awareness that the planet is having difficulties, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. Unless everyone begins to start living much more green we won’t be able to resolve the problems of the environment. These kinds of changes need to start taking place, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Here are a number of tips that can help you save energy, for the most part by making your kitchen area more green.
Maybe the food isn’t quite as good when cooked in the microwave, however it will save you money to use it over your oven. The energy used by cooking in an oven is greater by 75%, and possibly this small bit of knowledge will spur you on to use the microwave more frequently. When it comes to boiling water and steaming vegetables, you can save a lot of electricity and do the job faster with countertop appliances rather than a stove. You might think that you save energy by washing your dishes by hand, however that is not true. A dishwasher is particularly efficient when it’s full before a cycle is started. By cool drying or perhaps air drying the dishes instead of heat drying them, you can raise the amount of money you save.
As you can see, there are lots of little things that you can do to save energy, and also save money, in the kitchen alone. Green living is not really that hard. Typically, all it will take is a little common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to pad thai style noodles with chicken and shrimp recipe. To make pad thai style noodles with chicken and shrimp you only need 24 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Pad Thai Style Noodles with Chicken and Shrimp:
- You need 1/2 pkg of Rice noodles noodles (14 oz) or any other.
- Provide 1/4 pound of chicken of thin boneless , cut into strips.
- You need 10 – 12 of shrimp medium size (de-shelled and de-veined).
- Use 1/2 cup of cabbage shredded.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of green beans french cut.
- Use 1/4 cup of carrot julienned pieces.
- You need 1/4 cup of mushrooms sliced.
- You need 1/4 cup of broccoli (optional).
- Use 2 tbsps of peanut oil.
- Get 1 tbsp of chopped garlic.
- You need 1 of shallot red onion medium size / cut into thin slices.
- Use 1 of green chili medium size chopped into tiny pieces.
- Provide 1 tsp of red chilli flakes.
- Take 1 tbsp of lemon grass pieces (fresh or the ones in a jar).
- You need 2 no of Kaffir lime . leaves.
- Take 2 tbsps of sauce pad thai (store bought or home made as per recipe given below).
- Use 1 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of soy sauce.
- Use 1 tsp of salt or per taste.
- You need of For garnish:.
- Take 1 tbsp of lime juice.
- You need 1 tbsp of Cilantro Fresh finely chopped leaves.
- You need 2 tbsps of peanuts roasted (crushed).
- Prepare 2 of Egg omelet pieces*.
Steps to make Pad Thai Style Noodles with Chicken and Shrimp:
- Boil water in a huge pot. Once it starts boiling take it off the stove and add the noodles and let them soak them in the hot water for about 6-7 minutes (Check the specific directions on your rice noodles package). Then drain the water and wash the noodles with cold water and again drain and add a tsp of vegetable oil and keep aside..
- Take a wok and heat the oil in it. As the oil gets hot add the shallots, red chilly flakes, the chopped garlic, green chillies, kaffir lime leaves and the lemon grass. Stir for about 1 minute and then add the pad thai sauce, oyster sauce and soy sauce..
- Next add the chicken pieces and keep stir ring on high heat to let the chicken cook. Next add the shrimp too and stir on high heat for about 1 minute. Next add the vegetables and add the salt again stirring constantly. you can cover with a lid for about 1-2 minutes to let the vegetables steam..
- Finally add the noodles and stir well. Add the garnish ingredients and serve immediately while hot..
- To make Egg Omelet:.
- Take a small pan and heat with some oil in it. Take two eggs and beat well. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and pour onto the heated pan. Cook on medium heat for about 2-3 minutes covering with a lid. Flip onto a plate and when cooled cut into long and thin strips..
- Recipe for Pad thai sauce:.
- 1 inch ball of tamarind soaked in warm water.
- 1 tbsp fish sauce.
- 1 tbsp of jaggery(or molasses).
- Make tamarind pulp out of the soaked tamarind ball by squeezing by hand and then straining through a strainer to get any seed or big chunks out. Take this pulp in a small pan, add the fish sauce and the jaggery pieces and heat on the stove for about 4-5 minutes till the jaggery is dissolved completely and till you get a thick sauce..
If you find this Pad Thai Style Noodles with Chicken and Shrimp recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.