Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Indian Veggie Potato Patties recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Indian Veggie Potato Patties recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Indian Veggie Potato Patties recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Cooking area Can save you Money.
Remember when the only men and women who cared about the ecosystem were tree huggers as well as hippies? That has completely changed now, since we all seem to have an awareness that the planet is having problems, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. Unless everyone begins to start living more environmentally friendly we won’t be able to fix the problems of the environment. Each and every family should start generating changes that are environmentally friendly and they have to do this soon. The kitchen area is a good starting point saving energy by going much more green.
Maybe the food isn’t quite as good when cooked in the microwave, nevertheless it will save you money to use it over your oven. Perhaps the realization that an oven uses 75% more energy will encourage you to use the microwave more. Compared with your stove, you can make boiled water and also steamed vegetables faster, and use a great deal less energy, by using countertop appliances. Many individuals incorrectly believe that doing the dishes by hand uses less energy than a dishwasher. A dishwasher is particularly economical when it’s full before a cycle is going. By cool drying or air drying the dishes besides heat drying them, you can increase the amount of money you save.
From the above it really should be clear that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are many little opportunities for saving energy and money. Eco-friendly living is not really that tough. It’s about being functional, usually.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to indian veggie potato patties recipe. To make indian veggie potato patties you only need 10 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Indian Veggie Potato Patties:
- Get 400 grams of Potatoes.
- Get 1/2 of Onion.
- Take 1 1/2 of cm Ginger.
- Use 50 grams of Spinach (or mixed vegetables).
- You need 1 pinch of Cilantro.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Coriander powder.
- You need 1 of and 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala.
- Use 1 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Take 1 of Salt.
- Take 1 of Tomato ketchup.
Instructions to make Indian Veggie Potato Patties:
- Chop the potatoes into 2- to 3-cm cubes..
- Boil the potatoes in a pot full of water..
- While the potatoes are boiling, mince the onions and garlic, parboil and finely chop the spinach, and mince the cilantro..
- Drain and mash the potatoes while still hot..
- While still hot, add the garam masala and coriander powder, and thoroughly mix. Add salt to taste, and stir evenly..
- While the potatoes cool, heat oil in a frying pan, then roast the cumin seeds until they start to pop..
- Add the ginger and sauté..
- Add the onion, and sauté until translucent..
- Add the onions, cilantro, and spinach, then mix with your hands; (you can put a vinyl bag over your hand, like a glove, if you prefer)..
- Shape the mixture into patties..
- Heat butter or oil in a frying pan. I recommend butter for better results..
- Fry both sides of the patties..
- They are best when browned to a crisp. Fry slowly on medium heat..
- There you have it! They're called Aloo Tikki in Hindi. They're best served with ketchup, or try them with raita yogurt salad..
- This is how they are prepared and sold in India as a snack. I recommend going light on the oil when preparing them at home..
If you find this Indian Veggie Potato Patties recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.