Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Crawfish Etouffee recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Crawfish Etouffee recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Crawfish Etouffee recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen Will Save You Cash.
It was not really that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern about the well-being of the surroundings. Those days are over, and it looks like we all recognize our role in stopping and perhaps reversing the damage being done to our planet. Unless everyone begins to start living much more eco-friendly we won’t be able to correct the problems of the environment. Each and every family ought to start creating changes that are environmentally friendly and they should do this soon. The kitchen is a good starting point saving energy by going a lot more green.
Changing light bulbs is as good a spot to start as any. This will certainly go further than the kitchen, nevertheless that is okay. You need to change your incandescent lights along with energy-saver, compact fluorescent light bulbs. These bulbs are energy-efficient which means electricity consumption is actually lower, and, although they cost a bit more to buy, will outlast an incandescent light ten times over. Using these longer-lasting lightbulbs has the benefit that many fewer lightbulbs make it into landfills. Together with different light bulbs, you have to learn to leave the lights off whenever they are not needed. The family spends considerable time in the kitchen, and how typically does the kitchen light go on in the morning and is left on all day long. And it’s not restricted to the kitchen, it happens in other parts of the house at the same time. Make a habit of having the lights on only when they are required, and you’ll be astonished at the amount of electricity you save.
From the above it should be clear that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are lots of little opportunities for saving energy and money. Eco-friendly living is not that tough. It’s about being functional, usually.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to crawfish etouffee recipe. You can have crawfish etouffee using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Crawfish Etouffee:
- You need 1 lb of crawfish tail.
- Take 1 cup of onion, chopped.
- Use 1 cup of celery, chopped.
- Use 1 cup of green bell pepper, chopped.
- Take 4 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Provide 1 bunch of green onions, chopped.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of butter.
- You need 5 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 2 cups of shrimp or chicken stock.
- Provide 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Provide 1 cup of crushed tomatoes.
- Get 1 tbsp of each of garlic powder, oldBay or Creole seasoning, pepper.
- Get Pinch of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 2 cups of prepared white rice.
Steps to make Crawfish Etouffee:
- In a heavy pot, add butter and flour on low heat. Whisk constantly until the roux turns a peanut butter color.
- Add onions, bell pepper and celery. Stir about 5 min until they start to soften. Add garlic and tomatoes.
- Slowly stir in stock, then add Worcestershire, seasonings and green onion (reserve a bit for garnish).
- Turn heat to medium high, once it starts to boil, cover and turn heat to low. Let cook 30 min..
- Add crawfish tails and let those cook about 5 min..
- To serve, ladle etouffee into a bowl, then a spoonful of rice and top with green onions. Enjoy!!.
If you find this Crawfish Etouffee recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.