Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Umami and Nutrition Packed Dried King Oyster Mushrooms recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Umami and Nutrition Packed Dried King Oyster Mushrooms recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Umami and Nutrition Packed Dried King Oyster Mushrooms recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Methods To Live Green Plus Spend less Money In The Kitchen.
Until fairly recently anyone who expressed concern about the degradation of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That has totally changed now, since we all apparently have an awareness that the planet is having troubles, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. The experts are agreed that we are unable to adjust things for the better without everyone’s active contribution. This must happen soon and living in methods more friendly to the environment should become an objective for every individual family. Continue reading for some methods to go green and save energy, mainly in the kitchen.
You may well prefer preparing food with your oven, but using a microwave instead will cost you way less money. As soon as you find out it takes 75% more energy to cook in the oven, chances are you’ll look for more ways to use the microwave. Countertop appliances will certainly boil water or steam vegetables more quickly than your stove, and use a lot less electricity. Many men and women wrongly believe that doing the dishes by hand uses less energy than a dishwasher. Especially if you make sure the dishwasher is full before starting a cycle. Don’t dry the dishes using heat, utilize the cool dry or air dry options to increase the money you save.
From the above it really should be clear that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are many little opportunities for saving energy and money. Green living just isn’t that tough. A lot of it is merely making use of common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to umami and nutrition packed dried king oyster mushrooms recipe. You can have umami and nutrition packed dried king oyster mushrooms using 2 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Umami and Nutrition Packed Dried King Oyster Mushrooms:
- Get 1 of as many (to taste) King oyster mushrooms.
- Take 1 of lots Sunshine.
Instructions to make Umami and Nutrition Packed Dried King Oyster Mushrooms:
- King oyster mushrooms just have to be dried out in the sun! They will dry indoors too, but apparently their nutritional content is increased by being exposed to the sun's ultraviolet rays..
- Shred or slice (lengthwise or sideways) the king oyster mushrooms before drying them, depending on how you plan to use them. Slice them as thinly or as thickly as you like! You don't have to slice them at all, either..
- Choose a sunny day, spread out the mushrooms on a drying net or on a flat sieve, and put them in a sunny, well ventilated location to dry. Turn them over halfway through so that they dry evenly..
- Drying time: Sliced or finely shredded king oyster mushrooms will be semi-dried in 1/2 to 1 day, and fully dried (for long term storage) in 2 to 3 days..
- Drying time: Whole mushrooms (cut or rip very large ones in half) will be semi-dried in 2 to 4 days, and fully dried (for long term storage) in 2 to 4 days..
- Slice very thick king oyster mushrooms into 1 cm rounds. They're very handy to add to curries and stews..
- Warning: During the humid rainy season, it takes time for the mushrooms to dry, and they may not dry well. During this time, avoid drying whole mushrooms; slice them beforehand instead..
- Rinse the mushrooms quickly before using them. Semi-dried ones can be used as-is. Fully dried ones are re-hydrated in lukewarm water before using. The soaking water can be used as soup stock..
- Dried king oyster mushrooms have great texture, so the best method is to shred up large ones with your hands! In order to retain their delicious flavor, don't squeeze out the rehydrated mushrooms..
- If you are drying the mushrooms over several days, take them in at night to avoid them becoming exposed to dew..
- To store the mushrooms for a long time, put the dried ones in a mesh bag or something that is well ventilated and leave it indoors for a while. The mushrooms will become bone dry and can be stored for a long time..
- For your reference: These are dried shiitake mushrooms. To dry a small amount, just spread them out on a plate and leave them on a windowsill!.
- Reference: These are dried maitake mushrooms! Shred them into small clumps before drying..
If you find this Umami and Nutrition Packed Dried King Oyster Mushrooms recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.